Do you ever miss the past?

So I was sitting here alone, and my GTA IV-game catched my eye. I can't believe it's been three years since I bought it.

I remember buying it in GameStop in the local shopping center, and riding home with the bus, while excitingly reading the manual.

My life was so different three years ago. I was a 15-year-old boy, with lots of good friends on XBL. Now I'm an 18-year-old student with stressing homework, and only a couple of VERY good friends on XBL.

Also, I can't believe it's been almost two years since I bought MW2 - Prestige Edition. Sure, the game was sh*t, but I was so excited when I got the package. At that time, I gamed like four-five hours a day, now I bare game at all.

Do any of you feel the same way?

Why do we always miss the past?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If my past wasn't so different compared to now I would say yes, my good friends and the one i was happy with on are now gone.

I know the feeling you are describing. I remember queueing up outside London's Virgin Megastore waiting for the release of the N64 and Super Mario 64. The feeling of excitement as I took the game and console home to play for the first time was electric. The fact that the game exceeded my expectations too was a massive bonus. I very rarely get that feeling any more.

Times change though and it's always easy to look back and think how good things were in the past. Sometimes we can't appreciate how good things are in the present because we just can't see it.

Well when I was a 15 year old boy, it was 1993.  No Xbox's or PlayStation's, no Internet.  can you imagine that, NO INTERNET!  Most kids wouldn't be able to survive these days without a mobile phone (or Cell Phone as you Americans call them) and no Facebook.  It still look back at the 90's fondly though.

I know what you mean man haha, I used to be in a Halo 3 clan way back in the day. It wasnt a skill based clan or anything so it was just basically just a huge group of friends who would chill on halo together and be in parties all the time. We were almost 80 members strong at one point haha, I kinda miss gaming with those guys and meeting a lot of new gamers.

Now im pretty much a loner on Xbox live haha I talk to one or two people that Im friends with in real life thats about it :P

As far as waiting for releases though, I had a pretty fun time waiting for L4D2 and Reach at midnight haha but I dont think that either was like getting to play the N64 for the first time. Though I do believe waiting for Skyrim next month will be worth it haha!

No not really. You'll find you simply "get over it" in due time. As for Gaming in my past, yeah, I was a 11 year old boy waiting to open my Atari 2600 along with a few Games on Christmas morning... Pac-man, ET and Pit Fall were the Games.

Sometimes I recall the past fondly, remembering those classic titles that made gaming what it was and I sigh. The I remember that Batman: Arkham City is out this week and suddenly the past can go suck a lemon

I like to look back on my xbox live experiences.

I started playing xbox live when I was only 10 years old and in grade school. I'm 19 now and in college. I find it weird to look at some of my games on my shelf and realize they are 4 or 5 years old.

never look back any carry on gaming.

I remember when they just came out with this new game called Pong. It was amazing how you were able to directly interact with shapes on a TV screen. I remember talking to a friend about it and telling him how awesome it was and how I thought it was really going to take off and we would start seeing more interactive video games come out. He said it was just a gimmick, and in a few years people wouldn't even be interested. And in 30 years, people wouldn't even know what a video game was.

Nope!