Do they seriously not plan to fix it?

On any of the older Call of Duty's meaning anything pre MW2 are horribly horribly hacked and modded. Do the developers and microsoft seriously not plan to fix this ***? I mean I dont play them alot but if I paid for they're freaking games I expect to get a little more out of it then this the multiplayer is unplayable in World at War every, and I mean EVERY lobby you get into no matter how many times you search has at least one modder in it. CoD 4 is almost as bad if not AS bad.

You cant even enjoy a single game, I've never seen so many modders in my entire life what the hell is going on? How can this many people seriously be getting away with that?

They're starting a bad habit! Allowing kids to do it on these games just teaches them how to do it and get away with it, meaning before long they'll be infecting ALL of our games, Call of Duty or not something needs to be done to fix this.

MW2 has many problems but it has nothing on whats going on with the others.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Not everyone gets away if you ever took a look at the suspension forums it looks like the system is working. Most people need to file complaints, I do everytime.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

Well IW is pretty much a mess now, and Microsoft doesn't really do any lobby hosting.  They could pressure a developer to fix up the games, but as long as people keep buying new Call of Duty's, I doubt you're going to see any older games fixed.

A few months ago Black Ops was virtually unplayable on the PS3.  The PR from Activision actually had the brass to say they can take down online play on any Activision game whenever they want if people want to keep complaining about the hacks and connection issues.  I think that pretty much sums up their attitude towards maintaining their games.

It's not Microsoft's responsibility to fix the online experience for CoD, but the developers. And honestly I don't think the developers really care about those games since they got their moneys worth from them. MW2 will most likely face this when MW3 releases. In my opinion they should just go ahead and shut off the online for CoD4 and WaW because they are lost to the world of modders, and maybe MW2 when MW3 releases.

This is also why MW3 will be my last CoD game, and no I will not buy it new. There are better games out there were the developers actually care about their game....*cough*Epic*cough*.

[quote user="BluMoxie"]

A few months ago Black Ops was virtually unplayable on the PS3.  The PR from Activision actually had the brass to say they can take down online play on any Activision game whenever they want if people want to keep complaining about the hacks and connection issues.  I think that pretty much sums up their attitude towards maintaining their games.

[/quote]

Wow. I did not know that. This makes me worry for Bungie since they signed with Activision.......I guess it's a disaster waiting to happen.

[quote user="BluMoxie"]

[/quote]

Thats just plain sad..

It's important for us all to stand up and say that glitching, exploiting, hacking, modding, cheating in all it's forms is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. Activision/Treyarch/IW is infamous for not caring about their customers and not fixing thier products. MW1 and WaW are indeed over-run with hackers, and it'll stay that way. They're not going to "waste" money supporting old products that are no longer making them money. And honestly? That is not the type of attitude a game development company should have. Do not spend any more money on anything having to do with CoD. That new Black Ops map pack? Boycott it, MW3? Boycott it, CoD Elite? Boycott it. For the past four years since MW1 and on up, CoD multiplayer has been broken and unbalanced. Sure Treyarch may fix the little things here and there while IW just doesn't give a s***. MW3 is going to be the same exxact BS every CoD title since MW1 has been, one or two overpowered weapons that outshine all the others and are never fixed/address(MW1: MP5, and M16, WaW: MP40, MW2: UMP and the 3-Burst Weapons, Black Ops: AK74u and FAMAS. This is a well known fact that every Call of Duty game since MW1 has one or two overpowered weapons that are the best in the game. Not to mention gameplay that encourages and supports people sitting in corners the entire match every map building killstreaks. Or how about the fact that 10th Prestige means absolutely nothing with all the 10th Prestige hackers? Did IW fix that? Nope, not surprising. Activision/Treyarch/IW IGNORE THE MAIN PROBLEMS AND ISSUES WITH THEIR GAMES, they've proved this year after year. And we have people who are honestly excited and looking forward to MW3? I'm sorry, but are you delusional? honestly? Come on. Oh and then there's the "popular" exploting that is rampant in MW2, kids thinking they've got made skills because they can face their target and spam two buttons in rapid succession to exploit the game's aim-assist(quick-scoping) or using a perk in an unintended manner to get unlimited ammo(OMA resupply). Both of these by definition are exploits, exploiting is cheating pure and simple. Anyone who tries to claim that quick-scoping and OMA resupply are not exploits are either 1: Not that bright, 2: Delusional or 3: In denial. It's important to show these kids that exploiting will not be tolerated. File a Complaint against them, just as you would against anyone hacking/modding or using another obvious exploit(like boosting). View the individual's Gamercard and select File a Complaint>Tampering>Cheating. What's the definition of the File Complaint system's cheating category? "The player used known or unknown in-game or other exploits to influence the results of the game" That's spells it out pretty simply. Exploiting is using in-game mechanics to gain an unintended advantage. Spamming two buttons to get easy sniper kills(quick-scoping), exploit! Using OMA to get unlimited ammo? Exploit! So simply report these losers. If they can't play the game the right way, they shouldn't play it at all. Pretty sad they have to cheat because they lack the skill to get their kills legitimatly. Does Activision/Treyarch/IW care? Again, nope, of course not. They have a track record of not fixing their games' major issues. And of course it causes the cheaters to use ignorant lines like "Well if it's in the game, it must be okay!" Fight against cheating in all it's forms and do not waste another cent on the Call of Duty Francise. Sorry for this wall of text but it seems that the Xbox Forum doesn't want someone formatting their posts.

[quote user="BluMoxie"]

[/quote]And they have the gall to present us with a paid service like Call Of Duty: Elite?  I thought EA was bad.

[quote user="BluMoxie"]

[/quote]

Dear god please do!

If they're not going to bother to fix they're own problems like any even somewhat decent developer would do then just fix the problem entirely! I personally like to play my Zombie maps on WaW and the campaign on all the games, I could care less about the multiplayer anymore but Im ashamed to even have WaW in my recent games now because I dont want people to associate me with the the junk going on on these games.

Zombie's right I mean it really shouldnt be that way, and like I said thats coming from someone who doesnt even play much of the multiplayer.

Why would they fix it?  They have your money and people are still playing it.  MW2 is currently the second most played game on Live apparently.

Waw was and still is the best Call of duty title..Too bad it's infested with cheaters making it almost unplayable, im tired of reporting people , i just want to get into a legit WAR match 18 players on Castle and just have a blast.