Do NOT use the "skill" search restriction if you are a beginner!

The only time it might be advantageous to use the "skill" search restriction if you are a beginner is if you're playing Rumble Pit.  Any other time you use it, it puts you on a team of all beginners and the other team are all skilled veterans of the game.  So basically, using the restriction doesn't work like you think it should.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I think what you mean is "In my personal experience, the Skill restriction is not a good idea. HOWEVER, I should have a bit more faith instead of raging on the Forums"

I agree.

Matt, you lied to me, I put Skill as a preference when I went Solo for Big Team. I ended up getting into a game AGAINST my friend (and his full party), playing with the same full party team TWO games in a row, and then another full party.

I matched up against full teams more often, 4/5 times actually.

[quote user="SpeedyBlueDude"]

I agree.

Matt, you lied to me, I put Skill as a preference when I went Solo for Big Team. I ended up getting into a game AGAINST my friend (and his full party), playing with the same full party team TWO games in a row, and then another full party.

I matched up against full teams more often, 4/5 times actually.

[/quote]

Well we could never end up finding those games... I do remember however that you were rolling around in a 3-4 person party though in the other games I checked out. Remember you said it was way back when? And not the games I thought it was because you had a team of your own? Eh that's beside the point.

It was awhile ago, not saying you're lying, but it would be nice to compare teams and everything. I've played some very bad teams before and sometimes the matchmaking will put you against a full party and your team will have a couple 3 person teams. It works, trust me.

I recently took Skill off because people around my Trueskill value are all Stat-obsessed d-bags. I actually win more games and get better teammates and more intense games with less skilled people. People ACTUALLY play for the objective a bit more often! It's definitely worth the few matches where I get matched up against a full party.

But that's not even what the OP is talking about. It's not the teams, but the skill level of the people he's playing. 

To the OP, first off. Playing ONLY The Arena as a beginner is a terrible idea. That's the most competitive playlist in the game where everyone actually tries. Team Slayer or Squad Slayer would be a good starting point. Big Team Battle is also pretty good for starters.

That's really all the advice I can give you! I mean, you've barely played anything else. Try out other playlists and get a better feel for it. I mean it looks like you are REALLY struggling in all of the playlists anyways... I really don't know what to tell you sorry

Try playing the Campaign and Firefight more. Get better with the game's mechanics before going online.

^No, this time was more recent, the day the mass rank reset happened aain, (I remember because I taunted my friend because he got reset) Hold on, I'll try to find the games