Do most of you keep your games in the original game case or use something else (a la do you throw away your cases)?

I was just wondering do most of you guys, or girls LOL keep your games cases or do you throw them out? Reason is I have a 200 Case Logic dvd case that I keep my 360, PS3, Wii and Wii-U games in. I throw away all my games cases. Well since I bought the Xbox One and PS4 I have the Vaultz Metal Locking Case to keep them in. I have been holding on to my games cases for them 2 consoles but I am very good at keeping my games new and scratch free. I am asking if most people still keep their games in the original case or do they use something else?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I use the original game cases. I like having a large library for people to browse through. My games are all scratch free.

If you have a lot of games then a dvd case would be good. I keep my games in the cases though. I have quite a few stacks actually. One really big stack of games and then little stacks of 4. I organized them, kinda lol

I try to make room. When I first got my 360 and PS3 I kept the cases but I got tacky and I ran out of room quick. So I went with the 200 dvd case and that even filled up so I was wondering since I got the case for the One and PS4 games should I keep the cases? Called GS and BB and they still would take trade in on them games without the case so I will probably toss them out. Trashman run today that is why I was asking :)

Every game kept in mint condition in original case, not a fingerprint in sight.

Have been collecting vinyl for the past 35 years and all is still in virtually mint condition.

Would never keep an album in another box, so why do it with games, CDs or DVDs?

I have all mine in their original cases.

[quote user="Mathematik"]

I try to make room. When I first got my 360 and PS3 I kept the cases but I got tacky and I ran out of room quick. So I went with the 200 dvd case and that even filled up so I was wondering since I got the case for the One and PS4 games should I keep the cases? Called GS and BB and they still would take trade in on them games without the case so I will probably toss them out. Trashman run today that is why I was asking :)

[/quote]Yeah, they'll take the discs and put them in cases with crappy covers lol. I don't like them personally and I wouldn't buy one cause I'm too picky. I'd pay an extra 10 bucks to get the same pre-owned game, but with a cover. I'm that picky. :P

P.S Shouldn't the cases be recycled? Gotta keep it green, brah!

i am absolutely a hoarder. every case, every paper sleeve, every piece of paper included with the game is kept as well as i can...i think a couple games even have the receipts still with them. i have two bookcases for ps3 and 360, alphabetical and series chronological. i've gone as far as buy games simply because they'll move other games down a shelf to be with the other games in their series...i've stopped buying ps3 games because it'll force me onto a new shelf and make me buy more games to fill it out. as it is, i only have room left for maybe 4-5 360 games. i also try to keep franchises platform exclusive, but i have multiple versions on each console for one reason or other.

When I had all my dvd's, blu-rays's and hd-dvd's, I had them on a stand in alphabetical order but the stand only held 160 max if they were all single disc box. That is not including blu-ray and hd-dvd's which are smaller and season dvd's which are bigger. Too cheap to buy another stand I just started to sit dvd's on top of it in 3 rows and it almost touched my ceiling downstairs. So I sold like 200 of them. I still have them in the cases the ones I kept but just enough to fill the case up. Have not bought a physical copy of a movie in yrs. My games were on the bottom rack of my floating tv stand in alphabetical order. After the bottom stand got full I bought the dvd case and never looked back. I do not like the clutter and it just took up a lot of space. The dvd case was cool cause it had the front sleeve big enough to put the manual in it which why I liked it. The Vualtz case is not like that, just a cd case to hold disc. Its cool thought cause out of all the games I bought only 2K and Injustice came with manuals. Have not opened Skylanders yet.

I have mine in original game cases.

I have all of my disc games in the original case.  All of my cartridges do not have cases.