Do I have to play 1 to understand 2?

Hey guys, always wanted to get into the mass effect franchise, never really had the money/time to do so, now i kinda have the money and i have the time, so i wanna get mass effect 2...can i just jump right into this game? id really rather not have to get 1 too lol

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Well I suggest you do get ME1 first, although you can start on ME2. You can even use the Genesis dlc with ME2, so you can make all the important decisions from ME1. However, its a much more rewarding, satisfying experience playing through them both. There are bits within ME1 that if I hadnt played thru, I just wouldnt have understood in ME2. Also, you can pick up ME1 second hand at CEX for 4quid at the moment. How can you go wrong with that, really??. Finally, there will be rewards, according to the latest news, at the end of ME3 for players who have played all three..

It's recommended, but not completely necessary.  If you're someone who likes knowing the whole story, then get ME1 and play that first.  You can pick it up for pretty cheap, so if you've got the time and the money I'd play through from the beginning.

I echo what Lady Eh and the others have all ready said...:-)

Did you get rid of your girlfriend lol? On a serious note though, You don't have to, but it is a good idea because the decisions you made in the first carry on to the second; which changes the game in many ways. On an understanding note however, no you do not have to play the first game. Good luck on it!

haha no comment on the question captain ^

and sounds like ill be gettin mass effect 1, why not i got all summer lol, thanks guys

You should definetly play ME1 first. Both games are 20 bucks each.

Yes, do it! Then your journey to the Darkside will be complete!

ME is one of the best series I've ever played. While you don't have to get 1 to get the gist of 2, I highly recommend that you do.

[quote user="FearMeInside"]

haha no comment on the question captain ^

and sounds like ill be gettin mass effect 1, why not i got all summer lol, thanks guys

[/quote]Good boy!