Do best settings only play with best?

I set my connections to best. Yet im getting put into matches where you have kids from mexico and even some euro players (not all the time but on occasion).

Anyone know how this is supposed to work....seems a bit odd to me

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It will "suppossedly" match make you to lobbies with the same or close to the same ping and latency, for the "optimal" gaming experience. I guess it has flaws sometimes.

I've wondered how that works myself.

Like when you join a lobby it picks the best lobby, but what about people who join after you, can they only join if they have "best" selected, or if the people who join after you can just be random. ?

I dunno.  I know that switching from "any" to "best" made a pretty big difference for me.  Before almost 75% of my games were infuriatingly laggy.  Now it's probably only around 30%, and most of the noticeable lag is pretty minor.

I think "best" means to connect you to the best ping and latency for your area or nearest to you, not the "best" connections, per se. Dunno for sure.

So in theory you could select best,then the guys who come in after you who don't have it on best from other continents could lag your whole game up?

It's all just an illusion put in by 3arch just to make people think they thought about it and noticed all the complaints IW got for MW3 not having a region search option

Selecting "best" makes no difference for me I still end up in UN type lobbies, need multiple translators sometimes to decrypt the miriad of languages being spoken, Spanish & German I can just about figure but throw in some Dutch, sweedish, Finish & the occasional Japanese I get a bit lost & confused

[quote user="II EYEBALL2 II"]

So in theory you could select best,then the guys who come in after you who don't have it on best from other continents could lag your whole game up?

[/quote]Nah, I think it would find the best ping and latency for YOU, nearest you, then start matching from there. Example--If you live in the middle of the desert, you will not play against people with the best connections, per se, you would play against the nearest connections to YOU.

The best the best the best the best of youuuuuuuu

-

Foo Fighters.

[quote user="UneasyJmitchell"]

[quote user="II EYEBALL2 II"]

[/quote]Nah, I think it would find the best ping and latency for YOU, nearest you, then start matching from there. Example--If you live in the middle of the desert, you will not play against people with the best connections, per se, you would play against the nearest connections to YOU.

[/quote]  I think him and I are asking the same basic question.

Lets just say I am set to "best". I search and it puts me in a lobby with 8 or 10 people local to me. Some may be set to "best" but others may not be. But there is still rom in the lobby ..... or maybe the lobby is full but someone backs out midgame. Now here's this dude in bfe who has his set to "any" and the game needs to match him up to someone.

Is this guy restricted from joining the same lobby as me or does my "best" specification end once I am in a lobby or even a match or two down the road.?

Or .... another scenario .....

I joined up with you the other night. I'm set to best and we'll say for the sake of discussion that you are too. We might not be real far apart, but we arent that close either. So now we have 2 best settings in the lobby who arent local to each other. What happens then with the people who join. Would they have to be set to any or the recommended ( dont recall what they call it .... the middle one)?

I did notice when I joined you the lobby was about half or more 3barsand I was experiencing some major lag. But after a couple matches things got better. Lag eased up and there were only a couple with ess than 4 bars.

Yeah my connection went to poo and you guys killed us the second game. LOL. I am guessing that we wouldnt have been matched in the first place if it werent for our latency and ping, BUT if you joined MY game in progress, that may throw a monkey wrench into things as we werent "matched", you joined. They say matchmaking is NOT regional, but latency and ping, but naturally youll have both with people closer to you. I am not totally sure though. I had invited you earlier but our party had filled up, LOL.