Do all suits offer the same protection?

Can someone confirm for me that all suits offer the same protection with upgrades obviously being universal? One of the descriptions mentions increased physical protection... is that actually the case or are they just for personal preference in looks as you progress...

Thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Other than increased protection against the weather, I  haven't noticed any differences. I think the differences in the  RIGS are just cosmetic.

[quote user="RoMoGAMER"]

Other than increased protection against the weather, I  haven't noticed any differences. I think the differences in the  RIGS are just cosmetic.

[/quote]

Correct.  If you have the N7 suit you are able to have 5 more inventory slots. BUT if you switch to another suit, it keeps the 5 extra slots. So you really can wear whatever suit you want. Oh also when it comes to the extra weather protection suit, I switched suits and it allowed that suit to be ugraded for the weather as well.  I have several saves and have used the Witness suit for almost every single save.  Just looks so sick.

Its more streamlined so the kids with ADD don't have to worry about having increase stasis duration vs more ammo for their assault rifles haha. This is one of my gripes along with there being no advanced suit :_(

I also noticed the suits dont visually upgrade at all.   The diagrams in the suit Kiosk show that it will visually upgrade certain parts, but it doesnt.  In DS1 and DS2 the suits visually upgraded.    In fact the Engineering suit that is unlocked looks fully upgraded even from the beginning of the game. Would have been nice to see the "bars" of armor visually upgraded but oh well.   That part was actually a little disappointing to me. I was hoping by the end of the game the suits would look a lot different and fully upgraded aesthetically. Oh well its only a minor gripe to a great game.