DLC worth it?

Was going to buy Marvel Vs Capcom 3 but since this new Ultimate version is coming in November I was thinking of picking up the season pass for the new characters to hold me over. So are the neew characters worth it? Rain, Kenshi, and Freddy K looked very cool but Skarlet was a little to intense for my taste.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

[quote user="FOXKILLER79"]

Was going to buy Marvel Vs Capcom 3 but since this new Ultimate version is coming in November I was thinking of picking up the season pass for the new characters to hold me over. So are the neew characters worth it? Rain, Kenshi, and Freddy K looked very cool but Skarlet was a little to intense for my taste.

[/quote]

In my opinion, no.  400 Microsoft Points is a good bit to ask for a single character (or in the case of the Season Pass, 300 Microsoft Points).

If you look at it this way, the core game has 27 kombatants, and if each one were sold individually that's 10,800 Microsoft Points.  That's about $150.00 just in characters alone, excluding the fact that the retail game also had a Story Mode, mini-games, Challenge Tower, etc.  That all sold for $60.00 instead of $150.00, so that should tell you something about the price scaling with overpriced DLC.

Save your Microsoft Points until there's something you really want to buy, don't just throw them away on a what-if, maybe I'll like it purchase.

--
Juxtapose13

When the game first came out i would of said yes, but now i'd 100% say no as i rarely use the new character's foundmy self going back to the vanilla fighters as soon as the novelty wore off

Agreed with FwM CRoW. I have all the DLC characters and I don't think any of them are anything special. Sure, there's some novelty to playing as Freddy but once that's gone I went back to my vanilla characters. I'd say just to download the free compatibility packs so you can play against them online.

I just downloaded Kenshi for the simple fact that I had the points to do it. I kind of regret it now though. I don't even think I'll use Kenshi that much in the long run. I wish I would have just downloaded the Klassic Skins pack instead. At least that was for character I actually use and it would have included the Klassic fatalities for Sub-Zero, Scorpion and Reptile. Dumb move on my part. But, if you want to get the Season pass, it's your own decision. The characters aren't bad, but they aren't great either.

I only got Rain, the only one I was interested in.