DLC -VS- Disc

Greetings Everyone!

As a longtime Xbox user, and now a father of three, I have multiple Xbox's in my house. Up until recently, I had a Family Gold account and all games were purchased by me and all kids got access to all of them being atatched to my account.

Now that the family gold is gone and we are moving to the Xbox one, I am torn on what to do now and in the future.

I LOVE the Home Gold idea. That being said, I need to look into the future.

I will more than likely, have 1 Xbone and 2 360's for a while, but eventually, I will have a second Xbone.

Herein lies the problem.

Do I go all DLC or Disc.

If I go all DLC, I dont have to worry about the kids scratching discs and leaving them on the floor to get stepped on, no searching for the right disc to play the game and the DLC sharing is really nice too if I go over to my brothers house.

If I go all Disc, I lose the ability to share via DLC, but opens it up to just walking from one console to the next and putting it in and playing it. Also though, it adds the potential for discs being destroyed beyond playability, and if two want to play same game, needing two of the same game.

Does anyone have any advice??

I need to figure this out ASAP. I have the Xbone setup and the kids wil prolly be drooling at the thing until I get home and wave the green flag.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 39 Applies to:

1) If you go all DLC X1 has no way to replace hard drive space and 500GB is not a lot,

2) Maybe its time to teach the kids how to handle the disc :>

I really don't understand what do you mean by saying DLC sharing 0_o / ability to share via dlc

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

There are pros and cons to both. You have to install both digital and disc based games so the hard drive space issue is irrelevant. You can re- download them from the cloud any way if you need to delete an old game to free up space.  Going digital has its perks as you said, no scratches to worry about. Downside is it will take longer to install from downloading than from a disk, right now it is significantly longer. You can trade in or sell the physical copy, there are talks that they will bring back the family sharing program they initially wanted to do but no word on if and when this could happen. If you go digital then you can swap between games faster. I have one or two digital games and the same for disks.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'd go all download - kind of wondering why I bought any physical discs.  It would be nice not to have to swap - I could have simply bought 1 physical.  Moving forward, its all downloads for me.  I never trade games so it makes sense.

Sorry this didn't help.

I made the last minute decision to go all download.  I didn't even buy a single game at best buy when I went to pick my Xbox up.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm in a similar position 2x ones's for the parents and we currently have 2x 360's for the kids, ive gone discs for my launch titles but think I will probably go dlc in future, only because I hate the hassle of changing disks all the time. DLC just seems so much simpler in that sense.

Sorry this didn't help.