DLC Region Lock?

So, I live in the USA and I want to purchase (pre-order) Halo 5: Guardians from New Zealand. From what I know, the Xbox One is Region Free, but only with physical discs and not digitally (or not?), but the game is Limited Edition and contains DLC codes. What I want to know, and please make this crystal clear for me, is if I were to purchase the game from New Zealand, will the DLC codes (and the disc) work with my US account, or are the codes region locked, as of today?

In addition, I'm guessing the game would be PAL. Will this affect my gaming experience in any way on my NTSC Xbox One, like frame-rate differences and whatnot?

Thanks, hope to hear a response soon!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 133 Applies to:
Answer

Xbox One content is region free along with the base games.

If I might ask, why are you wanting to order from New Zealand? It'll cost you more ($73 instead of $60) or are you trying to bypass the region unlock time by a few hours?

That part I'm not sure will work, the game would unlock at midnight your local time due to your consoles location.

PAL vs NTSC don't really matter anymore due to HD resolutions so it'd by 1080p 60fps regardless of which version you got.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.