DLC problem after transfer to new console

Ok, I too had an old Xbox 360 (1st gen that didn't have any problems at all), but it was old and  loud and noisy so I got myself one of the nice quiet black ones.  Got myself a transfer cable, did that.  Got my two profiles re-set up - and tried playing Mass Effect on this profile.  (What can I say, feeling in the mood for saving the galaxy!).  But I got the following error:

Error:  One or more Downloadable Content files could not be accessed.  Please try deleting the file(s) and downloading again.  The file(s) in question are: Bring Down the Sky [ENPLES] and Pinnacle Station [ENPLES].

Ok, so I got on my primary profile, deleted the files, got into download history and re-downloaded.  Switched over to the secondary profile, started the game and... same error message.  Got into the game on the primary, no message.  What gives?  Anyone have anything else I can do?  My daughter plays this on her profile, so when she comes around to set hers up again, is it going to give her fits, too?

I have the game installed to the hard drive, but I re-did that prior to trying to trying to play the first time.  This is the first time I've ever tried 'upgrading' my system (as I said, my first and only other Xbox worked perfectly, it just was old and noisy), so I don't know what to try to fix this!  I have quite a few DLC items and I dread finding this problem on other games.  What can I do??

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 99 Applies to:

All DLC is tied to two things:

1) Your gamer tag

2) The ORIGINAL console you downloaded it with

This is why it works fine on your primary account, but not the others - you changed consoles.

But! Not all hope is lost!  Head over to http://www.xbox.com/drm and follow the instructions. The only step you're missing is to re-license the content to this new console. No big deal.

Once you have completed the process, unless some piece of content is giving you a specific problem, don't delete the content before re-downloading. By doing so, it will only download a small file which is your new content license key.

This is easiest if you use the online marketplace (web page) to queue up your downloads. That way the XBox can pull down your new files while you queue up other downloads.

If (when) the console fails to start downloading immediately from your queue (or tells you "assigned to another console"), please see this page:

http://majornelson.com/2009/04/01/how-the-xbox-360-download-queue-works/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yay!  That was exactly what I needed.  Thank you so much!!  It's all fixed and I (and my daughter) are back in business saving the galaxy - again.

Seriously, that was very, very helpful - and even better, very clear to understand.  I'll tell you one thing, this business has certainly let me learn some things I never knew before.  :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.