DLC on my games.

So I bought borderlands awhile ago, and now I went back to play the game and noticed there is some expensive DLC for the game. I feel like I'm missing out on half the game now. I think I could rebuy the game in collectors editor or game of the year and still be cheaper than buying the content from live.

Then I go to play Halo 3 online and see that I'm missing 90% of the multiplayer maps. -.-

I bought Black Ops not to long ago for $50, and now there is $50 worth of DLC to get.

My other games all have some extra stuff that cost money to.

Does ever xbox game sold have extra DLC that you have to pay for after release? I want to buy dead island but it's $65 with tax and I'm worried that there will be more stuff added in some months so maybe I'm better off waiting until games come out with another release with everything at a lower price. Does Mass Effect 2 have any of this? That's another game I was buying soon.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Sorry to double post but WHY can't you use paragraphs in this forum? I even went into HTML and used br codes and it STILL doesn't let me space out my paragraphs. Enjoy reading my ugly OP now... :(

You need to select "Use rich formatting" down at the bottom and it lets me do different paragraphs, that's assuming you are using IE or Firefox.  Not so sure about other browsers.

It seems the best bang for the buck is getting the special releases after the game is out for a while.  Take Oblivion for example there are tons of DLC for that game.  No way would I recommend getting the regular game and then buy all the DLC.  Eventhough the DLC over time does go down in price (sometimes), the best bang is finding the editions that include a bunch of DLC with the game.

ME 2 does have some DLC, but doesn't have any special editions that I am aware of to take advantage of.

Hrmm....it appears the formatting is broke, at least for paragraphs.

To use paragraphs go into Rich Formatting and hold down the Shift key while hitting Enter.

And thus they appear. 

its just a matter of waiting for the price drop when buying games and dlc.i`m sure some of the borderlands dlc was cheaper recently.

one way to do paragraphs is to hold shift and press enter to seperate them,doesn`t always work though.

Well, you never have to buy the DLC, as in, it isn't required to play the game, in my honest opinion I think that you get $60 worth of gameplay just from the regular game, and anything that you want to buy afterward is just added content that you can buy if you want, but it shouldn't have to be free, otherwise they could just sell $100 games if that would be better. (this is just my opinion, I don't actually think they should make $100 games)

Remember always log in to your windows live ID regularly and never wait 90 days between signing in.

I just press Enter twice while in Rich Text to get paragraphs. OT: It does get a little ridiculous at times. But I haven't bought any paid DLC since Halo 2, and I've been enjoying my games just fine without them. The problem is with games like Halo, where you get locked out of most of the playlists if you don't have all the DLC. Adding content is one thing, but restricting the content I already have at the same time is just wrong.

[quote user="DanDaRuff"]

Well, you never have to buy the DLC, as in, it isn't required to play the game, in my honest opinion I think that you get $60 worth of gameplay just from the regular game, and anything that you want to buy afterward is just added content that you can buy if you want, but it shouldn't have to be free, otherwise they could just sell $100 games if that would be better. (this is just my opinion, I don't actually think they should make $100 games)

[/quote]

It's not required in most cases however I have run into problems in some games playing with friends who have DLC if I do not buy it. Also while it is not required in most games, it still feels like a lot is missing. Especially when companies hold stuff back just to release as map packs. Usually when i find a game with a lot of DLC to be bought, I end up passing on it. You can call these 100.00 games if you would like however just a generation ago, almost every DLC pack released was free of charge. Now days, Microsoft does not allow free DLC even if companies want it that way. Epic and Valve are good examples of this and Valve sells L4D 2 with full DLC for cheaper than Microsoft makes them charge just for the packs. When they run their sales, you can get the full game with DLC for cheaper than just one of the Xbox DLC packs.

[quote user="Murderstyle75"]

however just a generation ago, almost every DLC pack released was free of charge.

[/quote]Man, I remember that. All those free maps for RS3 and Unreal Championship, and those new mechs for MechAssault. Good times.

EDIT: Why did 90% of my post randomly disappear when I first typed it?

I've been playing Borderlands, and the DLC isn't neccessary at all. It's a long, well made game by itself. It's there for people who like the game and want to keep playing it, with new adventures, etc.

-

I bought all the DLC for Fallout 3. Original game was worth way more than 60 bucks, the DLC just made the game that much better. It's simply there to extend the game for people who enjoy it. Not a neccesssity.