DLC I need has been removed... What are my options?

So I need to access a DLC for a 2010 Activision developed game. I continually ran into an 80153003 error when attempting to purchase download from Xbox live. I did some light research and discovered as I had feared, Activision removed all DLC for this game and all games of the series (for all consoles!) a year and a half ago.

I need this DLC and clearly I will not be able to purchase it from Microsoft or Activision now.

So, I need an answer to the following question: What other way do I have to get my hands on this content?

Just to be clear, I am looking for any way, so please don't tell me I can't, because hypothetically speaking I may find a friend or someone who has purchased this content. beyond playing it on their Xbox at their house, what other options do I have? Would I be able to copy or move it from their hard Drive to a Flash Drive and then play it on my Xbox? Would they be able to sign in on my Xbox and hard drive and re-download it or what ever?

I don't care if I have to jump through a million hoops to do this, I just need to know which options I have so I can jump through the least amount of hoops to get to play this DLC. 

If the DLC was still up, I would LOVE to pay for it and do it all properly and respectfully of the developers. Unfortunately their publisher has no longer made this an option. So what are my other options?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

If the dlc has been removed then there is no way to get it.

Attempting to move a friends copy of the dlc onto a usb & putting it on your console wouldn't work & even if it did you would be committing a violation of the ToU/CoC which could end up with a ban for you & the friend.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

A ban from what? and what if they signed in we played on their account?

Sorry this didn't help.

Marketplace theft.

The only way is to use your account on their console with their account on it.

You would need to play on the console it was downloaded on

Sorry this didn't help.

Clearly for me I have absolutely no need for the Xbox marketplace... its pretty obvious its not doing anything good for me at the moment! with this in mind what other options do I have?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've posted your only options.

Not sure why you have no need for the marketplace,what exactly should it be doing for you?

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you talking about Ultimate Alliance? If so, there was a gold version of that game that had all the DLC included. I don't think this package was produced for the second game, but it was definitely produced for the first game. You haven't said what game you are looking for so this is just a wild shot in the dark trying to help...

Sorry this didn't help.

it should apply to any game but i am talking about guitar hero WOR. I'm refering to the importing of tracks from the previous games that I already own hard copies of but they make you download it from servers anyway and only use a code from the game manual....

and clearly I have no need for the Xbox market place becuase the only thing i am trying to do is get these songs onto GHWOR and the market place has taken away my ability to do so, therefore it is obsolote in doing the one thing i ever needed it for.

Sorry this didn't help.

thank you guys for trying to help. i have accumulated other work arounds myself. thanks for taking the time though.

Sorry this didn't help.