DLC for New Vegas

Which of the downloads are worth buying in your opinion and which are not?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Personally, I hated Dead Money and I thought it was the worst of all Fallout DLC (including Fallout 3 DLC). I haven't finished Old World Blues, so that's still subjective. I did enjoy Honest Hearts though, I even went through it again with a second Character. 

Dead Money sucks, but Honest Hearts and Old World Blues are pretty good.

While Dead Money wasn't the greatest DLC, and Honest Hearts was fairly good, I like OWB,  a bit like Point Lookout DLC in Fallout 3, loads to do, but in a fairly small area, but to complete the Fallout NV story you have to complete them ALL, I know it's a pain BUT if you're a  Fallout fan, then it has to be done, You could always wait for the Game of the Year edition, which will eventually come out, if you can't wait try Honest Hearts, Happy hunting,    ('',

I love them all. I don't get the hate for Dead Money, guess some people don't take challenges well. Veronica is my main companion so it was cool to meet her mentor and her ex girlfriend. The dark theme was very cool since New Vegas pulled away from the creepy factor Fallout 3's metro system had.

All the DLCs thus far give an added +5 level cap bonus, so if you're one of those "I wanna keep playing this" types you should get them all. I don't know about the 360 version, but for the other system a patch tended to precede the DLC which also gave added perks.  Having written that,  Dead Money had more of a Resident Evil/Survival Horror feel as opposed to a Fallout one.  If you geared your character a certain way you'd do fine, but if you didn't...  Honest Hearts I'm finding on the easy side & I'm seeing a fair number of "fetch" type quests.   I've not tried the latest one.  

[quote user="GrayFox006"]

I love them all. I don't get the hate for Dead Money, guess some people don't take challenges well. Veronica is my main companion so it was cool to meet her mentor and her ex girlfriend. The dark theme was very cool since New Vegas pulled away from the creepy factor Fallout 3's metro system had.

[/quote]

Personally, I just felt that the "traps" were old quite fast. Having that stupid collar, turning off the radios, the poison gas everywhere, the bear traps and all of this was almost everywhere you had to go. In addition, the Weapons in it were lame (really, who wants to throw spears?!) and both the friendly AI and the enemies were pretty weak Characters.

Overall, it was just tedious and boring for all of the above reasons. It really wasn't a "challenge" per say but just not fun.

[quote user="LostKauz"]

the Weapons in it were lame

[/quote]

Someone failed to find the BAR.

Dead Money wasn't interesting to explore, nor was it friendly to explorers. So no, he probably didn't...

However, I do like the Holorifle in the Wasteland. That is the one aspect I did like from Dead Money, just like the Winterized Armor from the less-than-thrilling Operation Anchorage.

I have gone a completely different way to the average fall out players, I started with OWB which i think personally was amazing! Weapons armour are great for the wastelands! Honest Hearts was Brilliant also. Weapons are fantastic and I am currently playing Dead Money and I am not feeling the whole DLC at the moment, but hope the story unravels, very challenging with all the traps and gas everywhere, but have not came across any good weapons at the moment. My opinion would be OWB to be your first DLC.