DLC Download start while still in store. Thoughts?

"Once the new system is in place, gamers will receive an email with a link less
than a minute after buying the content at GameStop. By pulling out their
smartphones in the store and clicking through, they’ll be able to tell their
consoles to begin downloading the content while they’re still at the shopping
mall...

The new system is currently only available for Xbox 360, although Bartel says
that he “definitely” sees it migrating to other platforms."

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2012/08/gamestop-dlc/

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Why are you at the store if you are buying DLC? Just do it from your console at home.

I would prefer buying my DLC from my console rather than in the store. It saves on gas and it could possibly be cheaper. So it would be a terrible idea IMO.

I guess if you're out of town...this would be good?

Do you have to leave your system on?

so, I will have the what, privilege? to spend MORE money on a game I just bought? no thanks paid DLC is garbage DLC

What an unnecessary idea.... I fail to understand how this benefits anyone at all?

just adds a sales pitch while in store " hey you can download the DLC that should have been free/part of the full game from your phone!"

[quote]“There was a lot of friction about putting in a [25-digit] code… with a controller,” Bartel said of the laborious process by which download codes must be entered into the console.

[/quote]

LOL. Surely people aren't that lazy.

I could always redeem codes at the store.

[quote user="noboundz"]

[quote]“There was a lot of friction about putting in a [25-digit] code… with a controller,” Bartel said of the laborious process by which download codes must be entered into the console.

[/quote]

LOL. Surely people aren't that lazy.

[/quote]

It's not really being lazy, it's just the fact that using the controller to type up ANYTHING *** sucks. Especially when you have to use it to type up a 25 Digit code that HAS to be accurate. Thankfully you can redeem things from Xbox.com because there is no way in hell I am investing in a keypad for my Xbox controller.

[quote user="Tatakai no Kami"]

Why are you at the store if you are buying DLC? Just do it from your console at home.

[/quote]

1. Not everyone has a credit card, or feels comfortable enough to use a credit card on the console(considering how often stupid hackers or phishers are finding their way into accounts these days, I don't blame them). If you are going to go to the store to buy a microsoft point card for something specific and if it's already available to purchase(for cheaper) then why not buy the DLC?

2. If you are given a gift card, or if you are dumping off some useless games then again it can be an advantage to pick it up in store. You wont have to pay much(if anything) since you'd already be spending a gift card or selling some games that would never get played again and just collect dust.