Dishonored Cinematic Trailer

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Why is it first person? First person is just not that good for stealth games.

Reminds me of so many different kinds of games. It's like a game cocktail.

-

Only bit I didn't like was when he froze time. I'm sick of slowing down time or freezing time or any of that.

I don't know. I didn't create it. lol. I do like stealthy games in first-person, though. It makes it feel more immersive and dramatic. You can't prop your guy up against a wall and use the camera to look around while you stay hidden. Deus Ex: Human Revolution had a mix of that style. You'd be in first-person, but sticking to walls would zoom it into 3rd-person perspective. I guess that style worked in DEHR because it was agame that could played as a shooter, a stealth game or a mix of both. This game looks like it could be similar to DEHR.

I may have missed something, but does it say that it's definitely in first person? I mean, sure the cinematic trailer is that way, but that could also just be a way of putting the viewer in the eyes of the character, without ever showing the face (mask) of the character until the end. Just gives a bit of mystery to this supernatural being.

That being said, I'd probably agree that it is going to be at least partly FPS, based on the weapon styles that they hinted at in the preview. I don't see that as a problem, but I agree that being able to hug the walls and peek around corners definitely helps with stealth-based games.

It's first-person. They let that be known since they first started showing it. Game Informer had screenshots in one issue and they were in first-person.

I hate cinematic trailers, it's a false representation of the games gameplay, graphics, machanics - do not like them at all, do what Bethesda did with the first 20 minutes gameplay in Skyrim!

Reminds me of Mirror's Edge. Might be fun.

It's only a cinematic trailer, but it does look pretty awesome. It's not a must buy yet, since I'll need to see some gameplay, etc. but it's definitely on my radar now.

Im saddened yet intrigued. I thought the teaser by bethesda referencing "tomorrow"which is now today was going to be about Skyrim.... but... this will do I suppose, it looks like a good game.

Interesting.  I think I will hold off from forming an opinion until I can see actual gameplay.