Discussion: who will sell more this holiday, PS3 or xbox 360

this COULD be the last season ps3 and xbox 360 compete for sales vs each other.

this black friday PS3's will be $200 for 250gb + 2 game collections ( comes with like 5 games) and month of plus.
xbox 360 has a 250gb bundle for $200 which also comes with 2 games ( skyrim and forza something) 

xbox 360 also has a kinect bundle for the same price, but only 4gb HDD, and come with 2 kinect games.

-

ps3 has the over all exclusives for gamer advantage, while xbox had halo 4 come out recently which is one of it's biggest games.

PS3 also has PSN+ which is miles ahead of gold memberships xbox is usually more stable in multiplayer matches though.

-

Xbox 360 has pretty much saturated the NA market for the most part, while PS3 could still sell, people might be upgrading to slim xboxs this holiday though so it could even out.
-

what do you guys think? I think PS3 will sell more then 360 this holiday season. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I think it depends on which country you are in. In the States, Xbox, everywhere else, Sony regardless of bundles etc.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

ps3 will be getting that amazing bundle from amazon

pretty much every retailer has the 250gb + games PS3 bundle for about the same price, some stores are gonna have it for a few $ more ect. what I find strange is 360's deal will be about the same price, usually 360 is cheaper then Ps3, not this time it seems

-

I can't wait to snag a skyrim downloadable code for cheap

I already bought a KKinect and 3 games last week for Christmas. I messed around with them to set them up etc. Games wise I will have my wife buy 1 PS3 game and 1 360 game plus a points card. We are also getting about 4 more Kinect games for my son from relatives. I guess we definitely bought more MS products so far for the holiday.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

I don't really care which sells more.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

Do people still play games on the PS 3?

I don't know anyone who owns one who's actually using it for gaming.

Az

^^ I do, but a lot less than the 360. Currently I am playing Uncharted 3.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

I play ps3 99 percent of the time. It's the overall better system with better games and perks IMO. As far as the op's question, there is also a sky landers 4 gig bundle for $150 to add to the list.

[quote user="Azrael008uk"]

Do people still play games on the PS 3?

I don't know anyone who owns one who's actually using it for gaming.

Az

[/quote]

I do. Much quieter than my 360 (even with games installed to the HDD), better/more/they actually have exclusives, and hard drive space is less an issue since I can swap any 2.5" hard drive. In the early days this console cycle the multiplatform games (released before 2009) tended to look and run better on the 360, but now? No difference for the most part aside from which controller you like better (360 for most/3rd person games, Dualshock for stick sensitive ones and some FPS)

If anything, it seems more likely that the typical 360 user is the one more likely to use apps on the console over gaming. I'm sure Sony is trying to follow suit, but that last PSN store update is so bad and convoluted that you'd think Sony is actually trying to sabotage itself!

In any case, I'm not sure I understand the fascination with console sales numbers...

While the PS3 is a good bit of kit, it doesn't sell aswell as the 360, esp over in the states for whatever reason. So i'ma go with 360. Although those are good deals with the PS3 so you never know. Not that it's a big deal anymore. All the fanboys will assemble once more when the next gen arrives.