Discs not being read and already downloaded games, help please.

Hi. My xbox has broken, wont read discs so im trying to register my xbox, to show it is less than a year old, but the "enter characters from image above" part isnt working. I'v been trying for the last 2 hours to fix this. Summer ahead with no xbox, doesnt look too good..:(

Well, i sent a ticket thingy away and i am waiting reply. Im just curious to see if any faster replies will be made, however i didn't make this thread for that reason, it would be just a bonus.

I want to know, why the hell are "Indie" Games not available to Live players? I bought xbox live and i can't even get the full use of it? LAME. I wanted to try out Fortress Craft but ah well.

Next, I installed Sims3 onto my console, 250G Slim, to make it run faster as it was a ingame "hint". I thought if you installed games onto you're xbox, it was runable with just inserting a disc. I guess not. Maybe it has to run it atleast a bit? 

Main Q's : Whats with Indie games? And, Why dont installed games run with disc in tray?.

Thanks for any replies.

OOhh, before i forget. Is there anyway to reverse a cod4 hack? My brother has like -2million xp because someone got jealous and selfish that he was beaten.. Thanks again

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

I will try and answer as much as I can.

First the installed games.
They need the disc nserted to read off it a little to begin with for them to boot up, if the console is not reading disc's that would be why they don't work.

Negative XP is not reversable unfortunately.

Indy games are available, but you need to buy them with msp. If they do not appear in you games section you might have some settings wrong. Do you get any kind of message?.

If you do not hear back from support before tomorrow I would recommend ringing them in the morning, you can order a repair that way and as your under warranty there is no charge. Gets the ball rolling a little faster than waiting for a reply to the message.

Hope this covers everything.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Indie Games are not available in all regions.

Sorry this didn't help.

Cheers Tem I did not know that., I guess I presumed they were available everywhere LIVE is supported.

Apologies for giving you the wrong info about that OP.

Sorry this didn't help.

indie games are NRated content and are region locked

however if you want to see indie games it is best to create an account in your actual region if its available to your region you can check this by clicking country and selecting your region then goto markplace

if you do not live in an xbox live region then there is no way to get them

Sorry this didn't help.