Disconnected from xbox live when playing certain games.

When I play certain games (Older games ive noticed) it automaticly disconnects me from xbox live and I cant connect until I dashboard. Ive tried redownloading my profile and clearing the cache but I have no idea what to do. It has happened on a couple of games 1 being the sonic adventure trial I start it up and it disconnects me. Please help I would like to fix this i have the xbox 360 pro. Its usually older games that do it other than that its fine. Also GTA San Andreas disconnects me but I think thats because its an original xbox game. Also the other game it has done it on is thrillville and thats also a pretty old game. Any support will be greatly appreciated thanks. 

,Pixel

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Does it to me, what the hell? Start the trial & disconnected like there is an update, but nothing untill I go back to the dashboard then I connect like nothing happened. (like an update does)

Also when I try to reconnect it tells me there is a problem & to do a test no need as I'm not the only person, happens to my friends that don't have the full version.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello There,

This usually happens when there is an update but it should reconnect you right after.  You might want to check on the Xbox.com forums for those specific games to see if anyone else is having the same problems as you. I play some older stuff and have never had any issues except for the disconnect to update.

It is definitely not a "Port Forwarding" or "Port" issue as if it is it would affect all games especially multiplayer. I suggest that you call (phone) support and see if they have a fix but also check for user input on the game specific forums here on xbox.com

Good Luck !

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you tried taking your hard-drive in and out which may help if not I will admit this is a tricky question to answer which leaves me to the only thing else I can think of... Try contact xbox support support.xbox.com/.../request-chat  as I have read online that some of these games do disconnect maybe its just a bug that needs to be fixed ... hope I helped

It could also be that some of your ports need to be open or closed if you have UPnP enabled try it disabled and please post back thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Straight Pixel,

If you are having this happened in specific games and not all, it's more than likely an issue with some sort of corrupt files for those games on the storage device. Please check the storage device for any sort of game saves/updates that show as being corrupt or have a yellow (!) next to them. You will need to delete those files in order to be able to access the game again.

Let us know if that solved your problem and you are able to stay connected to XBOX Live in these games. 

Sorry this didn't help.

*RESOLVED *Thanks guys for the help I bought the full game and its letting me online so thanks for the help everyone.

Sorry this didn't help.