Disconnected from game session. Returning to single player...

Anyone have any idea of how I can connect to a multiplayer GTA game? Is there some kind of secret? Do I need to find someone at Rockstar and punch them in the face until they let me join?

WTF.

I don't have this problem with any other game. Just GTA. It's not my preferences either. Don't suggest that.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 47 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It doesn't necessarily has to be your connections.. the problem may be the people your connecting with.. if anyone in that lobby has a 'Strict' NAT type and if you have a 'Moderate' NAT then most likely ya connections may conflict meaning you get the 'Disconnected from game session' error.

What i would advise doing is checking to see what NAT type you have when you run a XboxLive Test thru the system settings.

If it comes out either 'Moderate' or 'Strict' then reset your router. If that doesn't work then i would advise checking to see if any other internet access-able item (eg: another xbox, multiple computers, etc.) it hogging up most of your internet connection.

If so just shut them off then turn on your xbox first. That should probably do it.

What Pyro said; it is definitely NAT or Connection-related. Sometimes it can be lag-related as well, as I have a strong connection and OPEN NAT, but I get lag kicked every once and a while do to someone with a laggy connection. Online play is NOT infallible. Hopefully future consoles will get rid of this lag problem.

[quote user="MinutePrince9"]

Anyone have any idea of how I can connect to a multiplayer GTA game? Is there some kind of secret? Do I need to find someone at Rockstar and punch them in the face until they let me join?

WTF.

I don't have this problem with any other game. Just GTA. It's not my preferences either. Don't suggest that.

[/quote]

I have the same problem,it makes me wanna fist**** the console,and light a campfire on the gta disc.

I didnt have any problems in the beginning,when it was released,but for a couple of months now its been impossible to join a freemode match.

I think its because of server shutdowns,of course,its easy to make people blame their network and stuff,but its all about the server limits...

Remember,if you DO HAVE a NAT problem,you HAVE a NAT problem,NOT only with 1 game,all games!

Ok then, OP!!! What is your NAT type? Let's end this discussion and try to help from there.

dude,i've done everything.i turned EVERYTHING ,i unplugged my moudom and router,i mean everyhing it said i need to do.im bout to throw my xbox out the window!

Everything? Are you absolutely sure? If you've done everything, then you should be up and running by now. Perhaps your signal is too weak that you can't hold a stable connection? Once again, I need to bring up NAT because if you have a STRICT NAT, good luck connecting to people. If you have a MODERATE NAT, this can also lead to you not connecting to a lesser majority of people. And if you have a OPEN NAT, then you shouldn't have a problem connecting. How many players are usually in your game? Can you even connect to games? If it lags horribly with 16 players, lessen the amount through private slots or join games that have less then 16 players. Is the host's connection stable? Perhaps it is the hosts that you connect to that have a **** connection. Have you tried playing other games besides GTA? This is about all I can think is the problem. Try these.

I'm having about the same problem in free mode I can only play for about 15 minutes and I get disconnected but that's only on free mode never anything else  

It could be your internet dropping, conflicting with another, lag, etc...

Doesn't matter how good of internet you think you have, it's never the "BEST" and it could be the reason you're disconnecting.

easy trick to get around this i use is after i have disconnected i go to my recent players thorrugh friends list then join the session in progress, works most of the time

I never have this problem at all, I would try to see if you can connect your Xbox directly to the the modem and see if that resolves the issue, because when I was using a router, I had this problem all the time. :)