disconnect from live

I have an issue with the beta:  I get disconnected when I exit after a match.  I played several matches today and then exited.  I was disconnected from live and it said I had to sign in before I could play.  I would sign back in and it would disconnect me again after about 30 seconds.  It also was doing that to my son.  We both use wireless.  Even if only one of use was playing it did it.  My wife, who was on a wired connection, did not have this problem.  I went to the dash and would be signed back in but even then it would just disconnect.  I thought it might be our fairly new 360s models so I tried it with my wives console using wifi (hers is a 360s also).  It did it again.

I thought it might be the router but my Mac connects fine without disconnecting.  And if I turn off the console and then turn it back on it does not have this problem.  Not with any other game.  I have tried for a few days and it only does this on wifi when I have played the Gears 3 beta.  And like I said I was able to get our other consoles to do this.  My son actually played Bad Company 2 and Reach without any problems the last few days and only when we played the Gears beta did it happen for him also.

So, it appears that for use playing the Gears beta causes our consoles to have disconnect problems from live.  I can reproduce it as it only happens after playing matches (whether 1 or more) in the beta.  If we turn off the consoles and turn them back on we can play other games online or watch movies with no disconnect problems ever happening.  And, I have never had a disconnect problem at any other time like this.

I figured I would post this here and see if any others have had a problem like this.  I have tested to see if I could reproduce this separate from playing the beta but could not.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I have been disconnected many times during the beta...usually I have to restart the 360 and log back in!? I'm was only getting booted once or twice a night when it acted up though...not to the extent ur refering too.

Weird thing is I am never disconnected during gameplay.  Just happens when I leave the game after a match.  Guess they probably know about it if it happens to others and will fix it before the full game ships if it is an issue.

Same here, only booted from live after the match...

Getting disconnected as soon as I start the beta right now. Don´t know what the problem is, it only happens with that game.

So now I can´t play the final day :(

me 2 :-(

REALLY GUYS? Everywhere you look it says the beta ends on the 15th and it is the 16th!

[quote user="grottmannen"]

Getting disconnected as soon as I start the beta right now. Don´t know what the problem is, it only happens with that game.

So now I can´t play the final day :(

[/quote]

the final day was at 2AM this morning.  no where did Epic say the beta was going to be active throughout the day.

The beta was to the 15th, today is now the 16th. The beta is over folks. :(  ...and they even let us play longer than expected.

I couldn't help but lol as I read the posts.

I'm having the same problem too and it sucks!