Disc Unreadable for DLC Disk

I recently bought Borderlands GOTY Edition, which comes with all DLC on a separate disk. The Xbox is recently bought as well (3 Days ago, S Edition) and has had no issues up until now. When I put the disc in the reader struggles to read the disc, but recognizes it as a game. The disc starts up as it's expecting to work but a few seconds later the error message pops up. The Xbox runs other games perfectly normal (I.E The actual Borderlands Game disc) do I don't understand why this is occuring. The disc is completely brand new (Also bought 3 days ago), hasn't even been taken out of it's case until first attempt an hour ago. I've tried resetting my console and also cleaning the disc but it does not seem to be fixing the issue. Please any advice or help would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 79 Applies to:

If it's isolated to that specific disc, I'd recommend taking it back and attempting to do an exchange with another copy.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

This happens from time to time and it seems you've done your due diligence in following through with the troubleshooting steps at this point it seems that the DLC disc is damaged or was a bad burn. What I mean by "bad burn" is that these discs are mass produced in a machine and it happens from time to time but you'll get a disc that will not work at all. It just so happens that your first disc works perfectly fine but the DLC disc is not working at all. This means that your XBOX 360 is perfectly fine it's just the game disc that has something wrong with it. 

The best course of action in this case would be to go back to the retailer where you purchased this copy of the game and ask them to exchange it. Most if not all retailers have a very good exchange policy for games anywhere from 14-30 days unless otherwise stated, this is of course granted that you have a receipt.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, seems like I'm in the same boat as you, except a little further up the creek. My brother bought the borderlands goty edition at the beginning of the month. We both tried to install the DLC from the dlc disk included. Neither of us could get it to install, except for me but only to 1-2% before it the install failed. I returned the game just today for a brand new copy and guess what, same freaking thing. Copy #2 isn't working either, don't really know what else to do.

Sorry this didn't help.

hi i agree with  hassassinade its true what he is explaining

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having an issue with this now too, I know this is an old thread but I wanted to comment as well. I bought my first GOTY copy and tried the disc which I spent nearly 2 hours before giving up and swearing at the disc. Brought it back to the store and had it exchanged (both of these were brand new played right out of the case and the discs were perfectly clean) and the new disc has the exact same issue. I tried using this disc for about 2.5 hours this time after reading people comments to keep trying as after 9 or so tries they managed to get it working for them.

It did not work for me at all. I am going to have to return a second copy of the game and pick up a third which this has already wasted a huge amount of time considering the distance I have to go to buy/exchange the game and the time it has taken to try and get the discs working.

There are 3 errors that I receive that do not occur with any other GOTY disc I own. These errors are:

- Play DVD - This is not DVD and has no content when sent to the XBOX video player.

- Disc Unreadable; Please clean and retry disc - The disc was clean and tried right out of the wrapper.

- Play Game - Error content unrecognizable, disc may be damaged.

Obviously it's the disc twice in a row... I really don't want to exchange it again and have this issue... are there any other options?

I sent an email the the games manufacturer and asked about it too, waiting for a response now...

Sorry this didn't help.

Mighty, I was able to get everything to work. Here's how I did it

What you need:

-X360 with a harddrive larger than 4gb. Can be any model. My roommate has an early x360 and this worked fine

-Your x360 must have a hdd capacity larger than 4gb

-usb drive with a capacity larger than 4gb. I recommend there be nothing important on it

-a beer

Procedure:

1) install the main game on the 'box

2) install the dlc on the same 'box

3) confirm everything works as it should

4) insert usb drive into 'box

5) format it through the 'box so that it can be written to

6) transfer game files for the dlc to the usb (you don't need the main game files)

7) plug usb drive into your 'box

8) transfer dlc files from usb to your hdd

9) fire up Borderlands, crack the beer, and enjoy the dlc

Sorry this didn't help.