Disc still reading when installed?

My xbox is old... like first day release old. So naturally it has been trying to slow down but I've kept it alive for quiet some time.

The lens in my Xbox is scratched or dirty and I can't open it to clean the lens due to how it's built. So my only solution is to install the games I want to play through a few attempts and then everything works perfect. No problems at all. Since I've gotten MW3 I installed the game and it runs with no problems, but the disc is still spinning in the tray and I can here it. It doesn't do this with other games so I'm trying to figure out how to make it stop cause its annoying. Other than that I've had 0 issues with the game.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yeah, mine seems to do that on occasion.  Just get Turtle Beach's, turn them up enough and you cant hear anything but loud guns and explosions.

When you're in the dashboard,  My XBox, Game title screen displayed.....hit the game details and wait until you see the little Hard drive icon appear. Before the last XBL update, it didn't need to be prompted to play off the HD, but they seemingly changed it back for some reason. If I put a game disc in and hit play, it's not auto reading the HD install anymore......

HD icon is showing and the disk is still going like a hair dryer. game dosen't recognize install.

My spins for quite a while, which was concerning me but does eventually stop.

Try reinstalling the game, may help. If not, install the game to a secondary HDD, if not, it maybe a glitch and might require a Patch to fix.

Cheers guys a delete and reinstall seems to have fixed it.

Mine does the same, will try the re-install.

Ive got the same issue - reinstalled it a number of times and it still keeps reading from the disc instead of the hdd

Same issue here. pretty frusterating....will be pissed to see my drive go bad b/c of this. I always put the game on the HD to avoid disc problems so the drive barely ever has to spin so its life is longer.

This happens with all XGD3-enabled games. Rage, for example, does that as well. The disc will eventually stop spinning after 2-3 minutes, however.

I don't know why, but all XGD3 games do that, so there's no reason to be worried.