Disc reading error spanning across two consoles.

Hello there.

Let me start by saying I've read the disc read error support section and proceeded to do all the steps and nothing has worked. 

My room mate and I both have an XBOX360 console (the original one).  About a month ago, my room mate purchased Dark Souls and began primarily spending time playing that game.  A week later he noticed he had a disc read problem, it would take him 20-30 minutes of opening and closing the disc tray in order to get a game to read, ANY game.  He asked if he could use my console since I was not really playing many games at the time and I agreed, he is nothing but respectful when it comes to how he treats his console and games so I had no fears there and I'm always around anyway.  He played Dark Souls for the most part on my console, a bit of Battlefield 3 as well.  Lo and behold a few weeks later my console started with the Disc read error as well, taking 20+minutes of opening and closing the tray to read ANY game.  My console is much much newer than his, yet within the same week almost we came to the same error.  I'm not pointing fingers at Dark Souls or any game in particular, just recounting the information to as much detail as I can remember.

Is there anything that you guys can speculate or recommend?  I'd really rather not spend the 100$ if there is a possibility that it might happen again as soon as it gets back to me.

Thank you very much for your time.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I think its just a case of bad luck buddy.  I have had consoles randomly die on me.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.