Disc Read Error (Prototype 2 + MW3)

I'm getting disc read errors with Prototype 2 which mirror ones I had with Modern Warfare 3. Prototype 2 worked for a little bit, but then gave unreadable disc messages, the disc did appear to have a scratch on it so I sent it back for a replacement, but now the new completely clean and scratch free disc cannot be read either. I have tried the steps in the troubleshooter and the steps in the relevant post (clearing my cache, removing hard drive, etc.). I tried the prototype 2 disc in my friends' newer XBox slim and it loaded normally so it isn't the disc. My Xbox is still able to play non Prototype 2 and MW3 discs.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 66 Applies to:

Hey HanoverF, I'm really sorry to hear you're having disc read issues. I'm afraid, since it sounds like you've already tried all the basic troubleshooting, your console is in need of repair. You can schedule a repair online. And if you pay for expedited shipping you could even have your console back within a week!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same problem, but my XBOX is only 4 days new :O my other games like 'Tomb raider underworld' 'kinect adventures' and 'F1' runs without any problems :(

Sorry this didn't help.

just for the sake of trying, did you clear the cache on your hdd, i know it sounds weird, but possibly a game update is messing with it, also try disconnecting the power and hdd for like 5 mins and then put it all back together and turn it on, see if it works... worth a try, strange things fix electronics....  I hope i helped..

Sorry this didn't help.