Disc read error! Call of Duty MW3

So I had no problems with this game at all until I downloaded an update the other day.  Now I can get 1-2 games of multiplayer in and then the disc error comes up.  The disc is in excellent condition and tried cleaning it anyways.  All my other games work fine.  And some of them are pretty beat up.  Is there any fix for this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

I have had the same thing happen with a different cd and my solution was download it if you can or buy a new one.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Wife! I understand you're having some trouble playing MW3 on your console. First thing I'd like to test is to have you try this disc on another console to see if it has the same issue there. If it doesn't work there as well, I would suggest replacing the disc and trying again.

Also, if you can borrow another copy of MW3, try that on your console. If this has the same issue on your console, there may be an issue with the update you downloaded. Look under MW3 in the Storage > Games section, delete the title update there, and then clear your system cache. Try loading up the game again and see what happens. Let me know, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.