Disc Locked Content (DLC) - Do you mind paying for what you've already paid for?

Capcom games have a lot of Disc Locked Content and during those games Capcom charges money when the content was already in the disc for free, but to unlock it they normally charge the users.

-

I'm really disappointed how Capcom's turning out to be because MvC2 was my favourite fun beat 'em up to play. I don't pay for Disc Locked Content and nor do I even consider.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I don't know anyone who likes being ripped off...

Capcom are hte Japanese EA, except with making a ton of sequels they just make different iterations of the same game.

I hate it and won't buy it. It is almost as bad as day 1 dlc.

-

I know there is the argument that they store it on the disc and it's their right, but I won't buy games that are blatantly doing it. I'm looking at you Tekken x SF.

-

I play games because I love this hobby and have loved it for over 30 years, but I'm at the point where I dislike most developers and publishers. If they don't pull this shady nonsense then I buy new. If not, I refuse to buy it or buy used.

-

Capcom is the worst though.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

I am not going to purchase anymore games that have DLC.

99% of DLC is over priced, whether it is on disk or not when they launch it

I miss expansion packs...

I will not pay for Disc Locked Content.  I do purchase downloadable content, when I think it's worth it.  

I just ignore it, it isn't necessary to enjoy 99% of games.  

I dont mind really.  If the game is good, I am gonna buy the DLC no matter if it already on the disc or not.

[quote user="gameshoes3003"]

I miss expansion packs...

[/quote]

I too, miss when they would sell half a game for 1/2 the price of a game. instead of 1/50 of a game for 1/4 the price of a game.