Disc crashing?

Okay, this is complicated. I just got red dead redemption last wednesday, and I played on the main base game disk, then I tried the dlc. It all runs normally..until.. It just has a black screen after the Rockstar revolver Logo/Introduction. It happened several times as I tested. I checked for scratches and there was laser burn(Moving xbox while game is running) and few minor scratches, nothing out of the ordinary. But if it was so scratched up, than it wouldn't play. Help? Blast Gamestop and their workers that fail to check used disks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there Shadewolf,

Really sorry to hear you're having issues with Red Dead, that's one of my favorites!

From what you've said, it sounds like you're playing the Game of the Year edition that came with all the DLC loaded on the disc. You mentioned that the disc has a laser burn and some scratches on it which could certainly cause it to freeze and crash when trying to access data on that portion of the disc. 

If you don't have freezing issues with your other games, it sounds like it may just be the disc.

• Are you able to try the disc in a different console?
  • Have you tried installing the disc to your hard drive?
  • Can you exchange the game at Gamestop for a new copy?

Please keep us posted on how everything goes.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.