Disappointed fanboy here.

Campaign was fun, but fell way short of my expectations, especially after how MW2 ended. this ending was so" thats it?" for me.  Some people dont understand my enjoyment of video games, i ask them about thier favorite movie, they go on and on about it,  for me playing MW1,2 black ops and now 3 was like some crazed Harry potter fan having to see how it finished. Im playing an intense movie for 6-8 hours every time one comes out.

I have always loved the MP, each one got better than the last, I was concerned my life would come to a stand still with the release of MW3, but not going to happen, like i said up top ive been a huge fan, never even consider other games, just knew when im going to play its going to be a COD game.  

Now i log in and love the look, love my first match or two, then its going down hill, i will be 2-,1 2-2, 3-1 and then it happens on thses small cant move maps. 5-or 6 spawn deaths in a row, either some guy keeps chucking grenades in my corner or is camping it or some stupid aircraft is pounding me to dust.

ok woohoo i get to move now,   ahah! ill shoot that guy who isnt even looking my way... why isnt he dieing?!??!?!?!  oh crap hes shooting back and im dead!  watch his killcam and i never fired a shot and he had me deads to right way before i even realized he was there. I die so much from guys i dont even see, then watch thier kill cam and they were infront of me for an eternity!! my connection? maybe but i dont really think so. never had issue on any other game at any other time....

callsigns and titles... repeat of MW2 atleast Black ops you could build your own.

sound. every gun sounds like a shotgun.... and dont say get a better sound system, because all other cod games had different sounds for the guns.  

Aiming down sights, THE OBJECTIVES are in the way, come on guys atleast steal that from black ops!!!

Not going to claim broken, thats rediculous, i just think they catered to a certain group of players here at launch. campers or elite speedsters, neither of wich i am, lol.

Special ops are fun, really tough but fun, survival is also a blast, so i do have some positives but i got the premium elite, hardened edition because i wanted MP!!  I just hope they add some maps with a little bit more space, I hate campers but the only way i can realisticly survive is sitting in a corner!  Ill keep plugging away, but at every other release of COD ive been glued to the tv, not this last week. maybe its a good thing?!

Flame away,  im not here to argue, just wanted to vent a little frustration with what i paid for.  

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

This is why I traded it in...be careful though, mate - you're gonna get trolled just like I did because apparently there is nothing wrong with this game - it's all you (and me and thousands of others) and the fact that you and I can't shoot for toffee...?!

As a big MW fan i was actually very pleased with the ending of the campaign.

SPOILER

I would of expected Soaps end to have been made a bigger deal though.

i get misty eyed during the scene where Yuri was slowly getting pulled into the chopper as the Delta guys were holding back the enemy.

[quote user="Rangstow"]

Campaign was fun, but fell way short of my expectations, especially after how MW2 ended. this ending was so" thats it?" for me.  Some people dont understand my enjoyment of video games, i ask them about thier favorite movie, they go on and on about it,  for me playing MW1,2 black ops and now 3 was like some crazed Harry potter fan having to see how it finished. Im playing an intense movie for 6-8 hours every time one comes out.

I have always loved the MP, each one got better than the last, I was concerned my life would come to a stand still with the release of MW3, but not going to happen, like i said up top ive been a huge fan, never even consider other games, just knew when im going to play its going to be a COD game.  

Now i log in and love the look, love my first match or two, then its going down hill, i will be 2-,1 2-2, 3-1 and then it happens on thses small cant move maps. 5-or 6 spawn deaths in a row, either some guy keeps chucking grenades in my corner or is camping it or some stupid aircraft is pounding me to dust.

ok woohoo i get to move now,   ahah! ill shoot that guy who isnt even looking my way... why isnt he dieing?!??!?!?!  oh crap hes shooting back and im dead!  watch his killcam and i never fired a shot and he had me deads to right way before i even realized he was there. I die so much from guys i dont even see, then watch thier kill cam and they were infront of me for an eternity!! my connection? maybe but i dont really think so. never had issue on any other game at any other time....

callsigns and titles... repeat of MW2 atleast Black ops you could build your own.

sound. every gun sounds like a shotgun.... and dont say get a better sound system, because all other cod games had different sounds for the guns.  

Aiming down sights, THE OBJECTIVES are in the way, come on guys atleast steal that from black ops!!!

Not going to claim broken, thats rediculous, i just think they catered to a certain group of players here at launch. campers or elite speedsters, neither of wich i am, lol.

Special ops are fun, really tough but fun, survival is also a blast, so i do have some positives but i got the premium elite, hardened edition because i wanted MP!!  I just hope they add some maps with a little bit more space, I hate campers but the only way i can realisticly survive is sitting in a corner!  Ill keep plugging away, but at every other release of COD ive been glued to the tv, not this last week. maybe its a good thing?!

Flame away,  im not here to argue, just wanted to vent a little frustration with what i paid for.  

[/quote]I agree with you 100%.As a long time CoD fan I am very dissapointed with this game.The campaign was ok I like how it ended,but 90% of the missions didnt have anything to do with the story,and dont even get me started on the MP.The MP is so bad right now I wont play it,its just a camping fest,plus my shots never register,and the spawn killing is terrible it happens to me at least 5 times a game,theres a lot of stuff they need to fix and if they dont im selling it.

I loved the end.  It was so incredibly poignant and said so much with so little.

-

*SPOILER*

-

I just loved how Price sat there smoking a cigar while watching Makarov's body swing.  The satisfaction of finally finishing that man who consumed his life and friends, the ability to finally rest now that it's all over, the disturbing fascination with such a grotesque image, the lack of ability to move... it all just pulls together so well when he just sits there and smokes.  Nothing to do but wait for the police.  I just love it.

-

And Tug Phelps, I agree regarding the Delta Force team's demise.  It was so hard for me to let that go, I wanted to break away from my helpers and go back for them so badly.  I was frantically shooting enemies hoping that somehow Delta would be saved.  And seeing the three standing alone as we took off just hit me hard.  Heroes.  That was probably the hardest part for me, I couldn't believe it was happening and I was powerless to stop it.

The campaign was ok but multiplayer  is maps are bad. This is the first cod game I have played that I feel completel let down. Guns are fine, perks are fine its just the maps.

I liked the campaign..well mainly the Task Force and the SAS missions, the DeltaForce(Frost's) missions were just keep moving forward and shoot any enemy, which I found quite repeitive and not that interesting. Captain Price and Soap's playing as Yuri missions on the other hadn were awesome and I really enjoyed it.

Single player I have not played that much of yet just a few hours. I'm not a big fan of the maps, I don't know why but I really missing Black Ops maps when I play MW3 maps, I mean Firing Range, Jungle, Summit, Hazard etc, those were quality maps all different in size but still great. Most of MW3 maps are pretty much the same size with many tall buildings...I don't know maybe once I get used to them they may grow on to me but atm, not that impressed. However saying that its is still a very fun game, liking the weapons and how smooth the game plays....

...Oh another thing, I prefered the sniping in BO, at least there you actually had to be good at sniping to be a decent sniper in BO, here it's back to MW2 sniping with a bunch of kids running around thinking they are great snipers since they can quick scope and what not....quick draw or what ever that perk which enables you to aim down sight faster as a starter perk just makes it worse.

I knew I'd miss Light / Marathon. Boy do I ever...

did you hear?

" Modern Warfare 3 producer defends quick-scoping, explains "more challenging" aiming

"It's not like the whole game is a bunch of snipers going around quick-scoping each other"

Quick-scoping in Modern Warfare 3 won't create multiplayer balancing issues because it's "challenging to do", executive producer Mark Rubin has told OXM in an interview published as part of issue 79's massive Modern Warfare 3 preview.

Quick-scoping, in case you didn't know, is the art of firing as you raise your rifle scope for a dead-on shot, exploiting the window of high accuracy just before you're fully zoomed. Rubin conceded that the exploit was a controversial one, even within Infinity Ward and Treyarch. "It came up in Call of Duty 4, and that's where people started figuring it out and using it and yeah - it's something that the games have gone back and forth over, whether or not they like it. Black Ops didn't have it.""

MW3 Maps are garbage... Think I will start playing MW2.  

[quote user="Snotty Chunks"]

This is why I traded it in...be careful though, mate - you're gonna get trolled just like I did because apparently there is nothing wrong with this game - it's all you (and me and thousands of others) and the fact that you and I can't shoot for toffee...?!

[/quote]

troll-mode <on> off

Is it trolling to tell you that it is indeed just you (and a few thousand - compared to the millions playing AND loving this game) who's having an issue with this game? I don't think so. You don't like it? No offence here guys but what the hell is wrong with you people? It's the best MW for sure. It's fun. Alone, with friends, co-op, live. That's what they promised and that's what they delivered. Period.

troll-mode on <off>

I only play Free For All. I had a few matches where I was instantly killed right after respawn - FOUR times in a row! LOL Always different spawn points. You know what I did? Just pressed "respawn" and still ended up being top 3. It's a fast-paced game. I feel it's way faster than MW2. Some maps are small (but not bad at all) and for some reason it seems to happen that you get (almost) spawn-killed (randomly). Let me tell you that I don't have a problem with a gameplay tactic I would like to call "to ambush". Some people - mostly those running around like headless chickens all the time - call it "camping" for sure LOL (what they really mean when complaining about it is that they expect other players to run around the map just like they do and they get angry when some players take advantage of that by picking those careless fellas off by playing more carefully = move carefully and watch your corners, rest, listen for their footsteps (go get a good head-set!), check the radar, wait for them to come, get your kill!! But I'm getting off the point.

Anyway, I actually tried to spawn-camp. Just to see if it can be done. It doesn't work. From what I've experienced so far you can't spawn-camp. So if you got instantly killed after respawning (even if it was a few times in a row) I'd say it was coincidence in the heat of the battle.