Disable the xbox turning on the TV and the speakers when turning on via streaming

I have an X1 Day 1 Edition, so I got in on the fiasco that was Kinect and have had no regrets because of the added functionality making the Xbox easier to navigate and use.

That said, with xbox streaming to PC whenever I turn on my xbox via stream it will turn on my tv and sound system in the basement. Although for a lot of people this isn't an issue, I have a plasma that I baby because I find the picture quality unbeatable. I don't want to disable the connection to my tv altogether because then I would have no use for my Kinect, but I can't have it turning on when I'm sitting at my computer desk and decide I want to stream my xbox or my ps4.

If there is no way to differentiate between the xbox turning on for streaming and turning on via voice command, is it possible to add a command "Possibly Xbox turn on TV" to add that functionality once the Xbox has already started?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

I asked this same question in another forum.  No answer yet.  I am in the same boat.  When I turn on my XBOX from my PC in the Office, I have to run all the way downstairs and turn off the TV and AV Receiver every single time.  It is super annoying.  You would think that Microsoft would have thought to code the XBOX so that if it receives a signal to turn on via the XBOX App on a PC, it won't send the signal to the Kinect to turn on all the other devices.  So lame...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey, guys! If you have your console set up to turn on the TV when it turns on, then you will need to disable that. You can find this under Settings > Power & startup > TV & A/V power options.

As for the console recognizing which device is turning it on, I suggest making it a suggestion over on the Feedback site! There your idea can be looked at by engineers and the like to see if they can implement it. :D

If your console is still turning on your TV and A/V set up after changing those settings, then please post back so that we can look into it further. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.