Dirt 3

My 360 version is freezing up after the first race as it is loading for the second race in the Dirt Tour mode. DRIVER REP 0.  I've tried all kinds of things to fix the problem but the game freezes everytime. My PS3 version is having no freezing at all and I am at DRIVER REP 19 @ 50% Career Progress.   

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Don't tell us, tell Codemasters or return the game to the shop.

There was a similar thread a few days ago. The game freezes yes. So does the PC version so it must be something in the code. A patch should fix the issue. Don't know about one coming though.....?

Mine was freezing for a few seconds but it never completely froze.

Other than the freezing how is Dirt 3?

I didnt really enjoy Dirt 1 all that much just a typical rally racer game. But I loved Dirt 2! Is it more like the second one?

Well, I HATED 1 myself.  How anyone drove in that game, I don't know.  The graphics in 3 are better than 2.  And with all of the driving assists on, anyone can win in this game.  To me, the worst parts (plural) are the Gymkhana Tour Races.  The most fun was the Batter or Battered Sea part.  It reminded me of the stunt stuff in Burnout Paradise.  You can't customize the cars but that's minor to me.  And that freezing thing wasn't that often.  It's worth a rental for sure. 

[quote user="ChickinOnaChain"]

Well, I HATED 1 myself.  How anyone drove in that game, I don't know.  The graphics in 3 are better than 2.  And with all of the driving assists on, anyone can win in this game.  To me, the worst parts (plural) are the Gymkhana Tour Races.  The most fun was the Batter or Battered Sea part.  It reminded me of the stunt stuff in Burnout Paradise.  You can't customize the cars but that's minor to me.  And that freezing thing wasn't that often.  It's worth a rental for sure. 

[/quote]

Lol! yea Dirt 1 was ok back in launch days but going back and playing it now the cars drive horrible lol!

Im not a fan of the assists at least not the one that automatically does all the braking for you, and the traction control. If you can turn those off and still be able to select the AI difficulty it should drive pretty well similar to Dirt 2 I hope so that is.

I'll probably wait till the price drops before I go for the buy.

It's a good game but I'm just about to trade.

I have constant freezes too, in the first week I had the game I lost a save when it froze up whilst in multiplayer meaning I had to start over again - not too bad because I was only a short way in. Since then I have a lot of lock up's requiring a restart of the box but haven't lost a save again yet.

I have it installed to a 250gb slim btw which is only a few months old. I've swapped the disc and have no lock up's on other games.

As I said it is a good game but it's just too annoying for me now.