Dirt 3 < Dirt 2 Anyone else?

Now dont get me wrong Dirt 3 is by no means a bad game but I cant help but feel let down by it after my expectations from Dirt 2. D2 in my opinion was just perfect, it seemed to have a lot nicer atmosphere about it, the car selection was a lot more vast, and a lot more options to customise your cars in Dirt 2 as well with the different vinyls you unlocked. I liked being able to select what car you wanted to race for an even where in Dirt 3 the cars are basically selected for you for each event rather that bought with in game money they are unlocked. Also in Dirt 3 it seems like there is not even half the amount of cars as in Dirt 2 as well its like theres only about 5 different cars in each class but theres just different sponsor vinyls.

The tracks are the same way where in Dirt 2 there are many different countries and tracks Dirt 3 basically has 4 or 5 locations with different variations of each track :/ The Graphics in Dirt 3 were no means bad but again I feel they look a lot cleaner in Dirt 2.

Its just all these little things that add up to become more and more disappointing, ive literally finished Dirt 3 in about a week to so it seems quite a bit shorter. Idk what do you guys think that have played or fans of the series?

Also this as well kinda tee'd me off is (yes stupid me) bought the game USED because it was much cheaper to find that it of course uses an online VIP pass which ultimately locks up half of the game.. Not only does it lock up the multiplayer but it seems like it locks up a good majority of the single player as well as about 10 cars are VIP class only locked, along with a few tracks needed for achievements and to complete the game. This seemed to take it to far. Along with the constant annoying messages begging you to buy the VIP pass.

But anyways what do you guys think about the new installment of the series?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

i have been playing dirt 1 most of today and think its pretty good as far as rally games go,the handling is a bit like a shopping trolley on ice at times,and no customisation is a bit dull.

i heard a lot of people hated dirt 2 because of the "dude" factor.

i will probably get dirt 3 when the price drops real low,so will be watching the responses on here to see if its worth it.

i don`t like the idea of these v.i.p passes but i`m silver so it doesn`t really matter.

I agree.

I like Dirt3 and it was very fun, had lots of rally, diversity with snow, day/night cycles, ect but I had a lot more fun in DiRT 2.  Codemasters really screwed this game with these stupid little pieces of DLC that they could have easily included on disc.

They are releasing items like it's a free to play game and microtransactions are their only source of income.

[quote user="NigHTsNiPe xX"]

I agree.

I like Dirt3 and it was very fun, had lots of rally, diversity with snow, day/night cycles, ect but I had a lot more fun in DiRT 2.  Codemasters really screwed this game with these stupid little pieces of DLC that they could have easily included on disc.

They are releasing items like it's a free to play game and microtransactions are their only source of income.

[/quote]

I really enjoyed the weather and day/night cycles they added in Dirt 3, The Gymkahna was really enjoyable I thought too!

I much prefer Dirt 3. Dirt 2's handling wasn't so good, and the 'dudealicious' style was an embarrassment. I think people who prefered Dirt 1 like Dirt 3, as it is a return. I guess those who liked Dirt 2 the most wouldn't be as happy.

I prefer Dirt 3.  The Gymkhana events are a lot of fun, not to mention the multiplayer is a lot more enjoyable with the capture the flag and infection game modes. I hated trying to win online races in Dirt 2.  Everyone always ran you off the road.  

The Battersea challenges were a ton of fun in Dirt 3 and reminded me of the old Tony Hawk games only with a Rally car instead of a dude on a skateboard.

I have to agree the dlc is crap.  800 msp's for tiny little tidbits of addon's is a bit greedy.

I HATED Dirt1 and liked both 2 & 3.  As for the Gym-crappa in 3, I could do with out that.  I did like the stunt area in 3, Battersea I think it was called.  It reminded me of the stunts in Burnout Paradise. 

[quote user="Pinbot Fembot"]

I much prefer Dirt 3. Dirt 2's handling wasn't so good, and the 'dudealicious' style was an embarrassment. I think people who prefered Dirt 1 like Dirt 3, as it is a return. I guess those who liked Dirt 2 the most wouldn't be as happy.

[/quote]

Lolz, I think I liked that more than how he constantly recalls you as "amigo" in Dirt 3 lmao.

Which is better with a steering wheel? I like to drift from time to time and i have the MS steering wheel from a year ago. Which is better for car control?

i have never used a wheel on xbox but from my experience on playstation rally games tend to be very difficult using a wheel.

the tracks are always so narrow you just don`t have time to react to keep them straight.dirt 1 has poor handling,im yet to try the other 2.

Dirt 2 is way better then 3.