DirecTV and Xbox One: will not change channels

I set up One guide and I am able to navigate it; however, the channels will not change. It has logged my favorite channels but again, the channel will not change. When I go into One Guide and say one of the green titles, it asks which one and provides item numbers but again the channel does not change. I have made three failed attempts at chatting with an online representative (2 hours without assistance). In fact, I am on my fourth trial in another window and I am holding the telephone to my ear hoping someone will answer soon. The device cost so much money and I want to utilize everything it promises. HELP.................. I'm trying not to get upset, but the elevator music is making me a little batty. Suggestions please!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 31 Applies to:

In retrospect, during the initial setup, the directv box did not respond to the channel up command. I suppose that is the source of the problem.  I continued responding no when the device asked if the box was responding.  After about 6 attempts it asked for the model of the directv box which is HR34700.  Still open for suggestions.....

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Did you get the problem resolved? I have direct TV too & the XB One is controlling the direct TV box perfectly.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you tried manual entry of the make/model, and tried auto-detection. That device may be set to RF control instead of IR. I suggest calling DirecTV and ask them to change the Cable box to IR channel 1. Please post your results here! Thanks FadedGenie55. -Cheers

Sorry this didn't help.

The other thing I can think of is, if the STB is placed behind something (like a cabnet, doors, or somewhere unseen). That could also be the cause. So, place the STB in an open area so the Kinect can 'see' it. STB (is set top box aka cable box).

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem as fadedgenie55. I have the same model # and everything. But I don't have the Kinect. Is that  why?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey, spunk666! This thread is pretty old. If what Hermes suggested doesn't help you out, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and any troubleshooting you've done. That's how the forums works the best to get individual help!

Sorry this didn't help.