Digital game downloads.....

Hi,

I have bought 3 games since getting my Xbox One. I did a factory restore on my Xbox One and signed in using a different gamertag and I noticed the games I bought with a different gamertag were available to download. Does anyone know if that means your purchase history is attached to your machine instead of your live account? If I ever sold my Xbox One would the new owner be able to download the games I had bought?

cheers 

Steve

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hi there,

The purchase history is attached to the account.

After you did the reset, did you confirm that it is the home console for the purchasing account so the games are open to all users on the account?

By available for download, do you mean you have the option to download them without purchasing?

If you launch a game an account did not purchase, and is not the home console where the game is located, the Xbox will put up a pop-up asking if that account is the owner of the game.  Are you not seeing that pop-up?

Let us know so we can better assist.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

When I bought Call of Duty from the store I used the gamertag I use at the moment. I did a factory restore on my machine and when it restarted I signed in with a gamertag I had a few years ago.

To my surprise I saw Call of Duty in the purchase history so I though I would try and download it as the machine doesn't have the gamertag set up on it that I bought the game with.

I have been happily playing it on my old gamertag without any issues.... I've even been getting achievements!!!

I hope this help.

Thanks,

Steve.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.