Digital Downloading Midnight Releases?

I was hoping someone knows this answer that I can't seem to find.  I was wondering if games on the Xbox One that you purchase Digitally on Xbox Live with be available for midnight releases?  For instance, instead of going to my local gamestop at mightnight to get Titanfall, will I be able to purchase it digitally at midnight on the X1?  

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 29 Applies to:

Yeah..

Thanks.  I have only found they will be available "the day of release" but nowhere specifying the time of release.  

Not that I'm saying it won't be, but I would like to see some link verification which says that it will. Because on the 360, DLC and games on demand typically release somewhere around 3 or 4 am.

i think  you can download the game on launch day but i don't know if you can in midnight

[quote user="Sword StyIe"]

Not that I'm saying it won't be, but I would like to see some link verification which says that it will. Because on the 360, DLC and games on demand typically release somewhere around 3 or 4 am.

[/quote]

While this doesn't specifically confirm midnight release, it does mention that digital games on the XB1 will release day and date with the retail versions. This was pre-policy reversal, so I don't know if this is still in place.

I have no doubt they'll release on the designated date. But this guy is wondering if he waits up until midnight with milk and cookies, will he be rewarded with a game to play? Or will he end up sitting there with chocolate all over his face and a milk mustache?

Probably only on official release date it would be available digitally. Whether it is available 12:01 on that day ready to download is a question only Microsoft can probably ask.

[quote user="Sword StyIe"]

I have no doubt they'll release on the designated date. But this guy is wondering if he waits up until midnight with milk and cookies, will he be rewarded with a game to play? Or will he end up sitting there with chocolate all over his face and a milk mustache?

[/quote]

Hahahahaha! I'm not sure, actually. If you look at the past record of this program, Call of Duty Ghosts released at about 12:30AM Pacific on the 5th of November. Reasonable enough, considering that Microsoft's servers reside in Redmond, WA.

I'd argue that, if you MUST have a game by midnight, retail is the way to go - assuming this game is getting a midnight release. But if you can wait a few hours, go digital.