Difficulty level

Been playing on and off for a while now and i normally prefer games that have achievements for difficulty level, but skyrim doesn't which kind of gets me mucking about with the slider continously. i know its just a psycological thing but id like to try and find a set level point and just stick with it as i fell it just detaches me from the game slightly. any one else feel the same or any one any tips on a good setting that i can just try and stick to?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

I play on Adept till about level 20-25, then I go to Expert. At level 40 I switch to Master. No matter what though, there is no difficulty that makes 50+ a challenge. Personally, I'm not a fan of difficulty based achievements, probalby because I rarely play games on the hardest setting. Usually, I use default difficulty and just stick with it, but Skyrim just gets too easy in later levels. There are ways to keep the game from getting that way though, mainly by putting limits on yourself for Smithing, Enchanting and Alchemy. Those are the skills that ultimately shoot you over the power curve.

excellent! ill try that method then im about to start a new game with a nord warrior as i was playing as a imperial mage knight type of build and it was getting a bit easy. cheers

[quote user="StoneageVulture"]

Been playing on and off for a while now and i normally prefer games that have achievements for difficulty level, but skyrim doesn't which kind of gets me mucking about with the slider continously. i know its just a psycological thing but id like to try and find a set level point and just stick with it as i fell it just detaches me from the game slightly. any one else feel the same or any one any tips on a good setting that i can just try and stick to?

[/quote]

I suggest just playing it on master and if Skyrim can't give you the difficulty you desire, I suggest Ninja Gaiden 2 for you. Its the hardest game I ever played in my xbox360 life and Ninja Gaiden 3 is coming out next month in case you finish Ninja Gaiden 2 and are still feeling the rush.

Haha NG2 still owes me a new piece of glass for my coffee table.

-

as darth wrote, put limits on yourself.

[quote user="StabYoFace"]

Haha NG2 still owes me a new piece of glass for my coffee table.

[/quote]

LOL :-O

-

On topic regarding difficulty. I will do the same as Darth by upping the difficulty every 20-25 levels to compensate for my sure to be over powerful weapons, armour, spells and enchantments.

No-one can tell you how you'll enjoy playing, it doesn't make any sense.

I personally will suggest trying the game from start to finish on Master, because the low levels are much more satisfying and interesting on Master.

Master at the beginning?  LOL I never would have attempted that.  I'm much to impatient.  I would have died 1000 times and I would have screamed f-words.  

Ha ha i played ninja gaiden 2 and completely lost the rag with it. im also playing Dark Souls atm and its a proper solid rpg so im loving it as well.