different language from the region what should I do?

Account region: polnad
Physical region: poland
Internet Service Provider (ISP): Upc
Content you are trying to download: games

I live in Europe in Poland but i don't speak polish and when i went into the store( which i bought the xbox from) they told  me its no problem to change to English from polish but it turns out that its a very big problem because you have to change region, now its going on and on with Microsoft support which led me here ( more then 1 year).

I cant buy any game via xbox store since a couple of months ago after an updated that locked the option to buy a game in Europe but just in the region that you are in, before i was in europe but not in my region and it worked... after they blocked this i asked the support again what to do and i have been told that i can buy through microsoft site, so i did but this month they decide to close this site just region only so i cant even buy there because the region that i am in dosnt have English  language that i can pick.

P.s the support in the first time told me that an update is going to come for the language problem but never did, please help me get a solution for this.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I donno why amyine will tell yoi that nationaly supported languages are a bug

Thete is no update

Games will always be set to the language that your accoumt region is set to

Sonce poland isnt an english region5 *** do you expect games to be in a language for your region that noone would buy games in

It would be in the most popular language of the region which would be the nationally supported language

How would you get along on the street or work for that matter without knowing rhe language

I know i had issues visiting foreign countries asking for directions. And that was my original country

Best to adapt to your enviroment

Fyi some games are region locked and no xbox doesnt automatically pick your country howevee once you create a new account you have to wait 90days before you can migrate to another region

But due to international laws you may have issues downloading content like gears or halo or blackops

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Region locks have existed since 1990 when video games first came out

Maybe its because you didmt download content with region locks before

And yes region locks dont apply for every game

Rule of thumb any triple a title will most likely be region locked due to the international laws controlling content

You will only have issues if you dont match your account region with your actual region.

Sorry this didn't help.

Xbox one is only region free when it comes to disk games as disk games are regulated by local import laws

Download games are regulated also by international laws and your local laws

Sorry this didn't help.

well first of all thank you for answering, as i was saying before i did buy games through microsoft site and i picked another region because i cant read the language.. and please don't tell me that i need to learn a language...

second of all its restriction rules that i am explaining after buying games through the the store of the xbox... and after changing my region to another not physical place because of this and seceded... by what you are saying they are breaking the law by letting my perches a game if this is not its area...

and if you will look on other countrys by the way and try you will see that you do have the option to choose English... altoh its not the most popular language in the region...

Sorry this didn't help.

You mean the region of the websife?

That wouldbd why

English isnt actuLly available in poland

And anything listed on the website us based on your first click however whdn you make your actual purchase you will only have poland tbafs whyypu need to change the region of the website to your matching region

You do knoa as you travel you actuallh have tl learn local customs and laws and languages right?

What happens when a police officer tells you to stop in polish and he doesnt know englisb?

You do relieze that not learning a your host countries rulez is bad right?

Sorry this didn't help.

Descriptions on the us webzite doeznt carry over to regjoms due to yoj arent using the correct region

Thats is what languages are avaible zo ifthere is no russian support then something elze is available in russia

And it depends

Localization is actually a law look it up

All international countries must abide by local laws they do business in this doez include you

Also yes it is againzt the terms of use to get content not of your actual region

There iz a huge difference in having a webzite in english and having content in english

Media content must abide by the hozt countrys content rules

You can look at your locL chamber of commerce

Or must easier the banned gamez list shich explains content laws ans why localization is important

And in some countries violating local content lawz includes jailtime

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you think i dont know polish is going to work when you cannot read signs warning of constructions or do not enter?

Good luck explaining that to a police officer

Any travel handguide will advise you to at least leadn fhe basics and to follow local laws

Sorry this didn't help.

thank you again for the answer, but unfortunately you didn't help me... as  i explained what you say in theory is correct but in real life it dosnt work, so again i did buy games as i put my credit card and got a digital code that worked, so i still look for a solution  or at least an exploitation from microsoft why the hell they dont put the option of language.

and by the way... stop talking to me about learning the language, as you don't get along alone outside your country dosnt say other people have problems to talk to police or what ever..      

Sorry this didn't help.

digital codes are region specific

and wont work outside the region they were purchased in redeeming a UK code for a polish account wont work and will come back as invalid

actually i know full well dealing with non english region

IM actually asian and have dealt with police in a non english region in my home country and yes it is a problem i suggest you ask a police officer what happens when you break local laws and local signs

it will surprise you

ignorance is not an excuse

if i didnt learn english in canada as an asian child i would have tremedoous issues finding a job or going to school

you actually adapt to your enviroment or get left behind i suggest you learn it

Sorry this didn't help.

not to mention most jobs actually require you to learn the local natiuonally supported language or they will immediately dismiss you from the interview unless it is a specifically english company

Sorry this didn't help.