Here is a (incomplete (Please post to add to the list) ) list of differences of the Xbox 360 Edition of Mincraft to the Online Version of Minecraft:
- The Xbox 360 Edition doesn't make use of the standard crafting interface as in the original version, but still has similarities to the PC's 2x2 and 3x3 crafting grids. The interface doesn't require the Player to place items in the correct place in a crafting menu, but simply shows the blocks required to craft the selected item, and crafts it if the Player has enough blocks.
- The game features split-screen functionality, however an HDTV with a Component or HDMI cable required for Split-Screen play. Split-screen functionality works with a VGA connection to a PC monitor as well as HDMI-to-DVI cables to a PC monitor. Up to 4 players can play in split screen*, as well as the possibility to play 8-person online multiplayer game modes in split-screen.
- The Xbox 360 Edition includes a tutorial mode not included in the PC version of the game. This tutorial leads the player through the basics of digging and placing blocks, crafting, as well as building their first house to survive the night (video).
- You cannot change a world's difficulty while in game. You can however change it when you select the world that you want to play.
- You always begin a new world with a map.
- Unlike the PC version, each world in the Xbox 360 Edition is currently limited to 862 by 862 blocks. This is approximately the size of an in-game map. It is expected, but unknown if the world size will be increased along with the updates that will bring the Xbox 360 Edition up to date with the PC version.
- Unlike the PC edition in which players have the ability to use any image file as their skin, the Xbox 360 Edition only allows players to choose from one of the skins available as default or from downloadable content.
- The Xbox 360 version doesn't contain an End portal, or any fixing requirements. However, the player still receives Ender pearls after killing an Enderman.
Post if you want to add to the list!