Did SOS range actually get nerfed?

I have still been killed by the SOS same range and sometimes even greater range than when it was pre-nerfed. One man has  a gnasher and shoots from one end of the room to another you see it will connect but not kill. You then see a different person enter the room on a different team with a SOS and shoots at the same range as the gnasher but kills the man with the gnasher. This was my last round of KOTH, did the SOS really get nerfed? This was in the middle of the room in Hotel and I was in ghost mode (waiting to get in) when this happened. It turns out I got on SOS mans team that match so I am not biased. This honestly seemed unfair.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Ill say this, after playing last night I couldnt tell a difference in the SOS range.

Sometimes I think it's a latency thing. If there is a big difference in ping the shot might seem like it went farther than it really did. However if you were spectating and saw it, I don't think that the whole latency theory would apply..

Nope, I really don't think it did.

Haven't seen a difference.

Haven't noticed a difference which is why i'm not renewing my live till they add a SOS free playlist or until the new Raams shadow DLC come's out

Sorry to say Rusty Lancer but the former will probably not happen and well the DLC of Raam is only about 4 months away I believe. So I hope you have other fun games to play in the mean time then :).

Havent seen a difference, its still a simpleton gun.

RAAMS dlc is december 13th

No difference really. Neither spectating or against someone using it. There are times where it seems the range was nerfed, but usually it's the same as before. It's a great game though, but very inconsistent to me.

thanks for the correction and @ B B Busta all the gears have been inconsistent but like you said at least for gears of war 3 is indeed a great game.