Did anyone else notice HaloCharts closed down?

I'm not sure how many stat junkies we have here, but I do enjoy seeing in depth stats about my gameplay quite a bit. It's fun to know random things like average kill distances and such, and then compare the abundance of stats to other people in the world, or your community. HaloCharts was a great place for this, and I started tracking myself when Reach came out. It was a very nice website, for those of you who never used it. It had amazing depth in player statistics.

~

Well, I just tried to access it, and it turns out that in the past 3 or 4 weeks since I've checked it, the site has been shut down. I guess the founder of the website couldn't afford the amount of time he was putting into it. I had no idea that website was being run by one person. I figured it would have been a small team maintaining it. But alas, after 4 years, HaloCharts is no more. I guess HaloTracker will be my new home for stat tracking. Kind of a shame, though. It was a pretty big community over there.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

As a great man once said when I told him HaloCharts closed:

'Why the *** is that?'

'Sadface : ('

And

'Must play Skyrim sorry dude : ('

;P

-

It'd be nice to know exactly why Halocharts closed. Best leaderboards IMO. HaloTracker is cool and what not, but the page design is REALLY bad...

-

R.I.P Halocharts, you were awesome, thanks for increasing my already big ego. :(

Yep.

I was fairly disappointed when I heard about it  and when I got around to trying to check it... Yeah. It's a pretty sad thought : (

(Hilarious by the way Speedy, I recognise those words :P)

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that, I was pretty disappointed to hear about it. Best tracking site ever...

-

(Lol Speedy.)

For those interesting in getting their Halo stat fix, you can visit www.HaloTracker.com. We have an abundance of features and a community as strong as HaloCharts was. Monthly tournaments and events are also common nature; definitely consider giving it a visit.

-

Feel free to message me online or on HaloTracker if you have any questions regarding the site.

-

In response to Speedy, we've added an abundance of themes and other features to make sure things are good to go.

-

Firestream closed HaloCharts because he, like everyone else, has a life to live. Things can only go on for so long, and family and real life come before managing a fan site. Plus the demanding amount of maintenance is also a stressful situation. After four years of activity, I think Firestream has done more than enough to earn himself a break the experience. He's been on HaloTracker from time to time, which is always good.

Why your stats, Bungie's stats and HaloCharts' stats are all so different, I have no idea...

Also, that's a horrible skin, no offense.

@Darkened Night, I've been a part of HaloTracker almost as long as I was HaloCharts. But I did notice when comparing the two sites, that each site had certain stats that the other site didn't have. I can't remember specifics.

I didn't go on it much, as I only play Halo 3 occasionally. It does suck that we lost a great website though.

it sucks he had to shut it down,