Dice quality standards down?

In comparison to the BFBC2 beta, the quality of this beta is bad.

I am not talking about the typical squad and server issues that are ever present is EA games.

While playing I have experienced the following: Flashing, artifacts, sinking below the map, artifacts protruding from teammates, inconsistent hit detection (problem in the BFBC2 beta as well), warping 20 feet to lunge into a knife kill, etc, etc

The bfbc2 beta was pretty solid minus the rubber knife and inconsistent hit detection.

Is Dice putting out an inferior product just to get the game out before MW3?

Thoughts from those of you who played the BFBC2 beta as well? Just curious, no maniacal fan boy rants please.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Lower standards now because it's a "beta" build. When the final game comes out, DICE will be like why did you ever doubt us?

If the rumors are true about no/limited destruction and there are obviously no vehicles, how can they call this an accurate test of the connectivity and gameplay issues that will actually be faced when the game releases? There are thousands, millions of additional animations and polygons involved with the destruction engine and that load needs to be BETA TESTED, not turned off until the game releases. Not to mention the CPU/GPU loads of objects (helicopters for instance) moving much, much faster and much more dynamically than infantry combat a la COD mode.

There is a lot not being tested for, obviuosly. When you got two helicopters, two tanks, and 20 guys on foot destroying buildings and firing shots, that is a lot of computation that needs to be tested... and its not happening now. So when do we work those bugs out, after the game releases???

[quote user="ReproductioN"]

Lower standards now because it's a "beta" build. When the final game comes out, DICE will be like why did you ever doubt us?

[/quote]

As stated in the original post, compared to the bfbc2 demo.

And I hope you are right.

Im pretty sure those issues (which I have also experienced) will be fixed before launch as the beta build is not even current.

I agree with most of the comments here. We cant tell whats going to happen on release, hopefully they're putting in the hours now to iron out all of this and EA might actually have servers up and running that can handle a massive surge in capacity?! well they could right?

This will make or break the franchise. I'm really hoping this game will be the thing thats been missing from my console for years but if i buy this and its completely broken on release then that really will be the last time i mug myself and pay EA anything. (If DICE and EA split i'd probably look forward to another battlefield!)

lol. I have seen some crazy stuff like that too. I recorded this last night.

How can everyone be talking about how awful the beta is?  Beta's are for testing purposes and most of the time are not going to be representative of the overall final product.  I know not to expect a fully polished product with 100% functionality.  Christ.  Only got in about 10 minutes this morning before work so maybe that makes my opinion moot, but I can't wait to do some serious playing tonight.

Oh Homefront. Busted my butt so hard in order to convince my folks to take me on the road trip to GameStop, only to find out the game is utter crap.

The comparison to Homefront is scaring me.  Beta comes out for all the common people tomorrow so I will be able to judge for myself, but it is none too comforting to hear forum regs from BC2 expressing dire concerns over what they have seen and played. It may be true what some suspected all along though;  The 360 production for the game was an afterthought to the PC and the PS3. Time will tell.

its really sounding like homefront all over again