Diamond Claw door GLITCH/BUG - possible spoiler

Here is my gamebreaker ... on the way to fight alduin again ive come across a door which has 3 moveable rings ... I HAVE THE RIGHT COMBINATION and i know this by looking at the diamond claw via the inventory screen so no noobs post here saying look at the claw in your inventory.... anyway once i input the correct combination and use the claw the door doesnt open :( and being in an area where i cant fast travel away from is really disapointing because there is nothing left to do in the area but go through this door... it needs sorting ive clocked 40+ hours and dont fancy starting the game again... has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you manage to sort it out???

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You must be doing something wrong... Try Wolf, Moth, Dragon.

[quote user="OR3GONIZ3D"]

You must be doing something wrong... Try Wolf, Moth, Dragon.

[/quote]

Not neccesarly  true I had the same problem with the saphire claw door.  OP I feel your pain!  I finally got the door to work when I activated the door on a random combination then tried to open it again on the right combination.

I don't think it's random, even though it may seem that way:

The claw has three "fingers", the middle one is the longest, the left one is second longest and the right one is third.

The pattern as you walk through the corridors is the key to each claw. First image is the first  finger, second image is second finger, third is third,

Now, the rings apply to which order of the claw is the longest to shortest. So, it would be two, one, three. Outer ring is image two, middle is image one, and inner is three.

Does that make sense?

This first puzzle drove me crazy fro 30 minutes and then I just tried it even though I didn't think that was the answer, but it worked and it has worked for me with the sapphire claw too.

It's not really that complex xGORDOx... The claws have the proper combo images on them.

Seriously? If I inspect the claw it will show the combo?

If so... I wasted way too much time on that puzzle, lol.

exactly same thing happend to me, except 1st time i got to the door, symbols wouldnt even move have to leave and come back but the correct combo still wouldnt work, looked on net for solution aparantly everyones best advice is w8 4 a patch lol

just had this problem as well but luckily just solved it , basically just did 3 incorrect combos and then put the right one in ( wolf , moth , dragon ) then button mashed A and it finally opened + clear your hard drive cache might help ! .

^^ I had the same problem and solved it the same way, I also cleared my cache and redownloaded the patch. And then it worked.

When this happened to me (except with the golden claw quest) I just left that floor of the dungeon and re-entered so the area would reload.

Sapphire claw is doing it to me; cleared cache and tried all above and still not working.