Diablo 3: RoS barely even functional

I bought Diablo 3 digitally a few days ago on my Xbox 360, wanting it ever since I played the demo and not wanting to pay a full $60 on it (got it for $20 with the sale last week), and... well... it doesn't even work.

When I played the demo, it was before Reaper of Souls came out, and it played perfectly fine. I did really enjoy it as well, and it was the first of it's kind that I've played. So I started with the character I made in the demo, which started me off at the beginning of the game's story mode, only at max level the demo allowed as well as the Templar ally you can get, as well as the items and money you earned (I rather like that idea, actually). But while I was playing it, I noticed it froze once in a while for a few seconds, but would continue playing. No big deal, I've seen worse, and it only happened in the beginning area BEFORE the Skeleton King dungeon (which is the first major dungeon you go into with a big boss, for those who don't know). It did freeze about two times in the beginning area, fully freeze as in I had to turn my Xbox off and on again, but while inside the Skeleton King dungeon, it played perfectly fine. No issues, no problems, nothing at all. It was a lot of fun.

However, after that... I've never seen a game like this. It froze without any warning right after beating the Skeleton King's dungeon, and would continue to freeze within ten to 30 minutes of playing the game, if it would even get past the loading screen when I select my character.

So does anyone else know what the heck is going on? I've done everything I could think of to try and solve the issue. Here's a list of what I've tried-

-I've deleted and redownloaded the game from Games on Demand.

-I've cleared my hard drive's cache.

-I've deleted the demo save from my hard drive (it seemed like that worked at first, but then it froze 15 minutes later...)

-I've played offline, but that didn't seem to make any difference. (I thought that was the issue, because I played the Skeleton King's dungeon offline, but I guess not).

Keep in mind that my 360 has plenty of air so it's not over heating, especially since it would only be on for a couple of minutes before freezing, as well as it played EVERY other game I have perfectly well (I've checked to be sure). I also have the original type of Xbox, the white one (although it is after the first version of it), but I don't see how that makes any difference considering no other game I know of can only play on Slim and not on original (the original one is called Jasper, right? Huh... I wonder how many kids these days will get that reference... and now I feel old. Great. XD   ).

So can anyone give me any advice as to what to do? Because as it stands, I'm thinking about demanding a refund for the game, since it does not even work. And I've read that the PS3 version has similar issues, and a lot of other people are having similar problems, which gets worse in two future Acts!

I've also posted a topic on Blizzard's support forum for help yesterday, but it seems like they don't care about the console versions of the games with out little attention that's been getting, not only with my topic not having any sort of response after a full day, but with everyone else's there.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:
Answer

KHM Darkness,

Basically the things you have already done are about the limits of what you can do from the console. Looks at their forums it seems like A LOT of people have experienced freezing issues on the console (specifically around Act 3). The only thing I can recommend that you do is post on their support forums and keep inquiring on the topic so that their support team can investigate and release patches for data corruption and other issues they identify.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.