Diablo 3 is freezing on Act 2's first quest

Hey guys,

So I have a new found problem, I bought Diablo 3 four days ago and started playing co-op with my girlfriend. Everything was going perfect, smooth sailing and no problems. We get to Act 2 this morning and grab up the first quest, come to find out it freezes every time on the loading screen going into the first area. Turned off the Xbox and reload 3 times in a row with the same results. After that I decided to download the game to my hard drive to see if that may solve the problem. Loaded up the game and it started freezing up at the main menu. Uninstalled the game, cleared my cache, reinstalled the game and tried again with the same results. Figured okay well I'll just go exchange it for a new copy and see if it helps any. Get back home with the brand spankin new copy, uninstalled it, cleared my cache all over again (just for surefire precautions) and put the game on. All said and done I got the first results of it freezing on the loading screen for the first area in Act 2. Has anyone came across this problem before? If so was it fixed? Or if not how CAN I fix it? I appreciate your time any solution is better than paying $60 on a game that won't play through all the way! 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 89 Applies to:

Hiya

Normally the first thing i would suggest is check out that disc but that isnt the problem. You might try isolating the problem further by trying to go to the problem area in SINGLE player and see what happens. That would help you explain it better to a support team member from either microsoft or blizzard which is what i think would be the best way to get answers. With problems so specific its hard for us common players to have much of an idea what to do. Ive found that by isolating the issue as best as you can so you understand exactly what your dealing with, when you have that conversation with some official, things go a bit smoother. Since its a new game, it might not have all the kinks worked out yet in relation to individuals consoles and the type of circumstances they are running the game under. Ive been through the game about twice now and never had an issue but i havent played it in co op (local or otherwise). I know im not giving you a direct solution but...its the best course i can suggest. Someone might have the right idea but...i got here first heh. Hope it all works out for you soon enough.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Much appreciated buddy, I should have thrown in that little detail aha. After This all started happening I had only started loading from solo play. Figured it would just be easier that way instead of having to load up 2 profiles and 2 characters it would have been a faster resolve to do it alone. But that is one thing that had crossed my mind that since this game is so brand new to console that it might be a common occurrence with the simple fix of a patch. Since there haven't been any updates released and it's also been common to happen on the Sony network as well it might a bug.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Puffy,

Sorry to hear you haven't been able to proceed in Diablo III. That would be so annoying! Let's see if we can get this working.

I see you done most of the proper troubleshooting. One more thing I would suggest trying would be to do what you did, and before redownloading the game, delete the Marketplace system cache. Here's how:

To delete the Marketplace System Data file, follow these steps:

1. On your console, go to settings, and then select System.
  2. Select Storage, and then select your primary storage device.
  3. Select System Items.
  4. Select Marketplace System Data.
  5. Select Delete.
  6. Restart your console.
  7. Try to buy or download the item again.

Do that, and then go ahead and redownload the game. Let us know how that goes, or if you have anymore questions! 

Sorry this didn't help.

Success!! Ohnaka you rock! That's 2/2 you've helped me fix these games crashing on me aha. Much appreciated as always! And thank you as well GoGoActionTeam, I couldn't have done it without y'all!

Sorry this didn't help.