Developers and laziness

Why is it developers are so freaking lazy. Why is it that i pay 1200ms pts for a game only to have it glitch repeatedly after only 4 hours of playing. The game im talking about is daggerdale. So far in daggerdale my skills have been reset twice and i now have no points to get some of them back. I will buy weapons and the game will take my money but not give me a weapon. i have teleported through levers and been pinned against a wall. attacks will go right through people and not hit them. I liked this game when i bought it but after all this bull has happened more than once this game is pissing me off. You cant tell me that the developers didnt experience any of this while testing their own game.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Sometimes is better wait than buy instantly. unfortunately, Devs are doing that like a common practice .

NeverWinter Nights 2 (also published by Atari) was also very buggy/glitchy upon release. So it's definitely a case of Atari trying to rush things out the door rather than 'missed bugs'. Once the patches that should have been there before release are done then I'll be sure to pick it up.

[quote user="DanteSparda504"]

[quote user="UnyoBro"]

DanteSparda- Do you just defend anything? It's like you live to be a devils advocate. All I've been hearing about Daggerdale is about the ridiculous and inexcusable glitches. You making excuses is not helping it's actually just gonna cause people bothered by this to be irritated with you. Kinda like when you were so adamantly defending this glorious new forum. Btw how's that working out for you?

[/quote]

I am just saying that it's a lot more difficult to find glitches than the OP thinks. Just because it's easy to find them in his game, doesn't mean they popped up when they were testing it. It doesn't make the developers lazy.

Also how's what working out for me? What are you even trying to get at?

[/quote]

You're missing the OPs point. The game has ridiculous game breaking bugs that would've been noticed with some beta testing. I haven't played it but what I'm hearing is just inexcusable. Defend it all you want but it's wrong. Doesn't matter how hard it is to fix, don't release it until it's done then.

I mean how is your defense of the new forums going now that nothing is really improving and we're still waiting for things to actually work.

It's not being lazy. It's just an unfortunate glitch that they missed. You'd be surprised at how hard it is to find glitches like that. You may experience them quite often, but a lot of the time others wont experience them.

I was thinking of being this game,but now I may hold it back until they fix this glitches.

I've started one of every character and had this same thing happen to me on all five by level 4, it deletes the skill points and renders the skill  useless, you can never buy it again and the points are just gone. i agree some glitchs are hard to find ( javilin, mw2) but this is just broken game mechanics

In addition to Daggerdale, Atari also published Test Drive Unlimited 2, and that game also was rushed out the door prematurely.  Both Daggerdale and TDU2 paid the price in lowered review scores as a result.  Rushing games out the door in a buggy, unfinished state is Atari's reputation, and their recent releases show that it is a well deserved reputation, at that.  My suggestion is to never pre-order or buy an Atari-published game at the time it is released.  Wait to read the reviews first.  If you are still interested in the game, wait until you hear that a patch has been released, and then check the forums to see if the bugs have been fixed.

[quote user="Minuteman"]

In addition to Daggerdale, Atari also published Test Drive Unlimited 2, and that game also was rushed out the door prematurely.  Both Daggerdale and TDU2 paid the price in lowered review scores as a result.  Rushing games out the door in a buggy, unfinished state is Atari's reputation, and their recent releases show that it is a well deserved reputation, at that.  My suggestion is to never pre-order or buy an Atari-published game at the time it is released.  Wait to read the reviews first.  If you are still interested in the game, wait until you hear that a patch has been released, and then check the forums to see if the bugs have been fixed.

[/quote]

Terminal Reality released Ghostbusters: The Video Game and all of the multiplayer achievements were unobtainable. Guess who the publisher was......Atari!!! 1.5 - 2 years later they released a patch that didn't fix the problem LOL. I personally will never buy another product from Atari or Terminal Reality and I'll tell anybody who listens how terrible these companies really are.

[quote user="DarkStar33Cdn"]

[quote user="SPUDDLE"]

I suspect its more about unreasonable time frames set by the publishers.

[/quote]

This.

Developers are never in charge of the budget or schedule, most of the time we have to make due with what we are given. You have to cut corners and the first place money is pulled from is testing.

You also have to consider that the publishers might have thought that this was "good enough". Games press does a good job at vetting new games from new publishers before you put any money into there games.

[/quote]

[quote user="DarkStar33Cdn"]

[quote user="SPUDDLE"]

I suspect its more about unreasonable time frames set by the publishers.

[/quote]

This.

Developers are never in charge of the budget or schedule, most of the time we have to make due with what we are given. You have to cut corners and the first place money is pulled from is testing.

You also have to consider that the publishers might have thought that this was "good enough". Games press does a good job at vetting new games from new publishers before you put any money into there games.

[/quote]

Its Spuudle lol

[quote user="UnyoBro"]

DanteSparda- Do you just defend anything? It's like you live to be a devils advocate. All I've been hearing about Daggerdale is about the ridiculous and inexcusable glitches. You making excuses is not helping it's actually just gonna cause people bothered by this to be irritated with you. Kinda like when you were so adamantly defending this glorious new forum. Btw how's that working out for you?

[/quote]

I am just saying that it's a lot more difficult to find glitches than the OP thinks. Just because it's easy to find them in his game, doesn't mean they popped up when they were testing it. It doesn't make the developers lazy.

Also how's what working out for me? What are you even trying to get at?