Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Your opinions please

What are your opinion's to Deus Ex: HR? Please only if you have played a good portion of it.

Do you think it was worth the wait?

Do you think it should of stayed in the past?

I didn't know much about this particular Deus Ex because i wanted to be surprised by it, I've got it and to be honest I thought it was rubbish, very boring and bland in the colour department, graphics are very good but too much gold and yellow and black was uused. The hacking mini-games were interesting. I only pre-ordered this Deus Ex because Invisible War on xbox was good, sad to say Human Revolution isn't as good as I.W. I got to chapter 4 or 5 and couldn't be bothered to continue. £35 quid wasted imo. Only worth a rental.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

One of the best games since the first one in 2000.I HIGHLY implore anyone to get it.

WAIT WAIT WAIT , I jsut re-read your post, you think IW is better then HR ? opinions are one things but you are just flat out insane.

WHAT!?!??!

I think Deus EX HR is a 7.5 game. That's not to insult it or make myself look all special, I honestly feel it is, here's what I think:

The game is basically built up of 5 clearly seperated factors:

- stealth

Eventhough the game is advertised as a play how you want affair, it's pretty obvious from the level design to your characters skillset that stealth is pretty much the advertised way to go. The stealth mechanics aren't bad by any means but they fall well short of Splinter Cell or Metal Gear quality. Enemy AI is very basic and the level sdesign extremely in the players favor at all times. Once you clear the first mission you'll know what to do and have the cover to do so in each of the following missions.

- path finding with mild platforming

99% of the time there's more than one route to your objective and all of them obvious once you spent an hour with the game. One path will involve hacking, one a airduct and one a platforming route.

- hacking minigames

Intimidating at first but fun and addictive once you get the hang of it. You can avoid hacking if you please but you'll miss out on some great rewards. So you really don't have a choice there, like the stealth element. Hacking is way to lucrative to dismiss.

- a shooter element

Servicable but obviously not as smooth a ride as your average fps. It would be unfair to expect so, but in this case truth be told, the Mass Effect series has smoother shooting than this game. Playing the game as a shooter is possible to an extend but it will greatly reduce the quality of the experience.

- communication minigames 

charm, bully or reason, choose the right combination of these and you'll get your wish. Didn't get your wish? Reload that savegame and shoot for the right combination.

The 5 basic elements of this game are so clearly seperated that they give the game a somewhat  fabricated feel. There's some great redeeming factors like fantastic artwork and a very specific atmosphere which make the game feel bigger than the sum of it's parts but at it's core the game is basically a Frankenstein creation of mediocre gameplay elements. 7.5

Hands down the best game to come out so far in 2011. And it's probably going to stay that way until November 11th.

The best game ever to come out this year so far, very refreshing epicly long single player,if i could be bothered i would write a full review about how good it is but instead ill give it a 10 out of 10 to express that.

@ Sword

Don't take this the wrong way man but I never expected you'd be this positive on this game with all the games you've played Don't you see through the different elements, like the overly convenient level design? Or does the overall atmosphere just appeal to you?

I like all three Deus Ex games. All of them. Yes, including Invisible War. I think Deus Ex: Human Revolution is the peak of the series.

[quote user="NetshadeX"]

@ Sword

Don't take this the wrong way man but I never expected you'd be this positive on this game with all the games you've played Don't you see through the different elements, like the overly convenient level design? Or does the overall atmosphere just appeal to you?

[/quote]When you say things like "overly convenient level design" you're trying too hard. This is a game, and it's not trying to be anything else. What we have here is a game with a lot of highly detailed places to explore, and things to discover. The gameplay is fun, the story is interesting, and the augmentations add variety. It has its flaws, as every game does. But no game so far this year has pulled it together as much as this one has.

i think spill.coms reveiw system says it best.BETTER THAN S*X

Definitely one of the best games to hit the Xbox 360 so far I would say. I've never played a Deus Ex game before this one but I'm glad I took the 60$ leap for a game series that I'd never touched before. I don't really know how anyone cannot appreciate this game unless they just want the instant gratification of mindlessly walking around and shooting people. It's a thinking mans FPS, and only gamers who like to think will like it.