Desynchronization...ugh...

Hi everyone! Anyone else having a problem with desynchronization? It seems to be getting worse and worse for me. I'm starting to notice that it happens when I do certain combos, especially combos where I try and finish it with a special move that requires a quarter circle turn. I thought it was because when I first started playing I tended to mash buttons when playing as an unfamiliar character. I thought that was my problem, But now that I've gotten better at the game and don't mash nearly as much, it's still happening. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Don't mash at all. Other than that, there isn't much to tell you other than get the timing down. A lot of combos require some precise timing.

I'm not really mashing anymore, I'm hitting the correct combo buttons, but maybe I'm hitting the buttons too fast. I think you're right, I'll have to practice the timing. Was it already confirmed that button mashing is the cause of desyncing? I'm surprised that I didn't see any recent threads talking about it. My friend seems to think it's my router, but it works perfectly fine and I have full signal, so I don't think that's it.

Lag online can mess up your combos fairly easily. Mashing buttons won't warrant any combos at all, really. Just keep practicing and there's a patching coming soon that should help the online play better.

De synchronization is just a failure of the servers being able to connect you to your opponent. Doing combos does not effect this at all. Some peoples connections just don't do well together. It happens. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH COMBOS. The lag can effect your combos but that's about it.

Actually, is does. If you aren't fast enough to pull off your combos, it's on your end. Or, aren't able to string them together fluidly. Otherwise, it's server side.

I don't think you're understanding the question. Have you ever been playing against someone and it the little box comes up and says "De synchronization. Unable to connect" and the game ends? That's what he's talking about. It really has nothing to do with the combos. It's just a bad connection.

Thanks for your input guys.... yes its the little box that comes up that says "De synchronization. Unable to connect", It happens to me ALOT.  I would say 5/10 matches that I play gets this problem, but I have noticed that it ONLY happens to me when I am in the middle of a combo and usually when I spazz out and try to hit the combo too fast. It has never happened to me when someone else is doing the combo or when we're not actually in the middle of hitting eachother. 100% of the time its when I am doing the combos, that's why I was wondering if there was a relation. My friend thinks its my router, but I have good signal strength and its hard wired so I'm not sure if that's what causing it.

Out of all the problems I've had playing this game online; de synchronization has only happened a few times. I would try direct connecting your 360 without your router if you can. It's a good way to test before you go buy a new one.

To keep from desynching you must use default controls.  If you are using a fightstick, that means you must rewire your buttons to match were you want them.  This fix is listed on the MK website forums.  I used to dsync constantly until I rewired my fightstick.  I have not dsynced since I rewired my fightstick.

Thanks for the info stUckU! I am using the fight stick and don't use the default controls, so I guess that's my problem. Rewiring the fightstick sounds complicated and I don't trust myself to not completely *** up my controller. guess I'm screwed :-(