Deranked

What do i do i lost everything !!! Rank,Metals,ribbons ! Characters weapons!!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

rant...it is all you can do from what seems...happened to me this past weekend too.

What xSILENTxRAGEx said is pretty much the norm.  I'm pretty sure that losing all of your data in Gears 3 is Epic's way of saying "move on".

To address your concerns briefly:

- If you did not back up your player data file to the cloud or an external hard drive (like a USB flash drive) all of your data is lost for good.

- This problem usually happens when you "dashboard" or reboot the Xbox when the game freezes, however there are other circumstances where a rank reset can happen as well (like in the situation that you just described).  The result is that your player data file gets corrupted and you get reset back to level 1.

- Epic knows about it.  Microsoft knows about it.  Neither of them will do anything to get your data back.  This is a fact.

More information about this problem can be found here:

forums.xbox.com/.../264900.aspx

And here (even better):

forums.epicgames.com/.../839290-RESET-amp-BACKUP-INFO-I-used-to-be-a-red-92-then-i-took-a-gnasher-to-the-knee

Feel free to add to the mountain of complaints, but just remember that nothing you do short of having your data backed up will get your rank back.  Your choices now are to either continue playing Gears 3 from "scratch" or move on.  If it makes you feel any better, you are not alone.  By the way, if you are some kind of massochist and decide that option 1 is for you, do yourself a favor and back up your data.

Sorry for your loss.

-M

Boycott Epic Games and hope that by doing so the Gears franchise comes to an end. Don't forget to file a complaint against Epic through the BBB. We want properly developed games released on the Nextbox, not incomplete disasters.

[quote user="aKa AwX"]

Boycott Epic Games and hope that by doing so the Gears franchise comes to an end. Don't forget to file a complaint against Epic through the BBB. We want properly developed games released on the Nextbox, not incomplete disasters.

[/quote]

A boycott will only work if everyone does it and by their recent sales figures of Judgment, it doesn't look like the boycott is widespread.  Filing a complaint against Epic is likewise a waste of time because as has been stated before, Epic released a finished product (Gears 3) that worked for the most part.  The single player campaign and multiplayer are not broken.  The only thing that has happend to a lot of players is the rank being reset.  Your rank in Gears 3 (if you think about it) is meaningless to the finished product.

What you (and others like you) are complaining about is a flaw that corrupts the player data file.  Even after this happens, you can still play the game.  In this sense, the game is a functional working product.  Like I said in a previous post: the ranking system in games serves no other purpose but to inflate our "virtual egos".  The number next to your name is something that only YOU value.  When it gets erased, YOU are the only one that cares because YOU placed such a high value on that meaningless number.  You can still play the game by yourself or with friends online.   

The BBB exists to expose companies that are scamming the general public (like Enzyte).  You and I were not scammed by Epic.  We paid money to play a game and that is exactly what we got.  You and I purchasing the game was not dependent on if their ranking system worked perfectly.  Should Epic have issued a public statement to the gaming community warning players about the flaw in their game?  Yes, they should have.  The fact that they didn't (and then try to sweep the problem under the rug) reflects very poorly on the company's management.  I fault them for that as well as other programming flaws in their game.

If you want to punish them, don't buy their products (like you suggest).  Just understand why there are people out there that will not agree with you.  Also, I would like to add that if you buy Judgment used, Epic will not get a penny from you, but you will still be able to enjoy the game (at a cheaper price, too).  As long as you don't buy any of the DLC, you will not be contributing to them directly.

-M

First off, I want to thank you, Silicon, for posting an intelligent and understandable post. Second, I can't seem to make paragraphs on my phone, so I'm sorry if everything that I'm saying seems rumbled.

Here's why the company is liable: the company has not employed an official method of ensuring the safety and protection of hard-earned player data, BY ANY MEANS. I say "by any means" because nothing in life works 100%. Epic has done nothing (0%) to implement a strategy that attempts to salvage player data in the case of an unavoidable accident.

Let me give you an example. I buy an iPhone from Apple. I want to buy a case in order to protect it from getting damaged, in case I trip. Apple does not manufacture, sell, or condone the use of any cases, whatsoever. So, I trip and my phone gets damaged. Apple is liable for not providing an official and legitimate method of keeping my phone in, RELATIVELY, good hands. I say "relatively" because I don't expect Apple to be liable if I, intentionally, throw my phone in a blazing inferno. Phones getting accidentally damaged in fires rarely happens, to begin with.

Epic has done NOTHING (again, 0%) to try and prevent resets from occurring. Therefore, the company is liable. Resets are not rare. They can easily occur when your console freezes, which happens to EVERYBODY.