deranked

So my son calls me today and says. i got into a game that so and so invited me to. and i went in and he had me push some buttons and then i lost some of my rank. and then wanted 800 Microsoft point to get it back. so my question here is did he do something and got reported or is possible to get hacked like that

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Your son probably joined the lobby under the impression that he would gain 15th Prestige or a similar rank.  Instead he got what he deserved.

he tried to cheat and got conned,justice

So they can actually do this

[quote user="XxNOT A MORMONX"]

So my son calls me today and says. i got into a game that so and so invited me to. and i went in and he had me push some buttons and then i lost some of my rank. and then wanted 800 Microsoft point to get it back. so my question here is did he do something and got reported or is possible to get hacked like that

[/quote]I don't pity your son at all.

But I pity you for knowing that your son is a cheater who got what he deserved.

[quote user="andykod77"]

So they can actually do this

[/quote]

In private matches yes, in public matchmaking no. I thought it was common knowledge MW2 style mods could only be used in private matches and the modders hadn't found a way to take them into matchmaking yet?

So even a private match can affect your rank and prestige ?

Yes, because they modded the lobby to affect your rank.

first I've heard of it in bo. I heard about invites to 15th lobies, but dont know if they were real or hoaxes.

Yeah same ere I thought this was in hackable just have to make sure I don't accept invites from randoms not that I do anyway like

I think the 15th lobbies for BOs are just a scam for M$ points, and they cant get you 15th in pubs anyways. But remember always dashboard out of hack/mod lobbies, never just quite out (in case your ever accidentally in them again).