Degraded HD TV picture with HDMI pass through

I have a Motorola STB with Verizon Fios service and the picture is definitly not as good passing through the Xbox one.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 18 Applies to:

I too have this issue. Def a drop in clarity and I also have fios. Is this a hardware or software issue?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi BriskBison,

That is a supported provider so let me run you through a few steps to try and get the signal running at proper HD levels. First go into your settings menu on your Motorola STB and look for the video / resolution setting and make sure it is set to your preferred resolution 720p,1080p,i instead of something like Native or Autoswitching. The reason for this is that not all cable boxes send the proper resolution information to the Xbox One forcing it to have to inspect the signal for 5-20 sec each time it gets a new signal.  Once you've done that make sure the HDMI cables are connected firmly and the HDMI Out from the STB is connected directly to the HDMI In on the XBox One.  This may have already fixed the issue but just to be sure go into the TV Settings by pressing Menu (old start) button and then select troubleshooting and choose Reset TV. This will cause the XBox One to rerun the TV setup to ensure it is correctly identifying your TV and STB so you can get the best performance.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.